Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm going to beat Paul Newman's ASS! ;-)

SERIOUSLY!!! LOL… Here’s why, if you have read my previous post you will know that I LOVE the new South Western Grilled Chicken Salads at McDonald's!! So here's why when I see Paul, I am going to “bitch slap” him!
You can’t purchase the “South Western” Dressing that you get for your salad at Mickey D’s at the grocery store!! WTF right?? Yeah, you heard me. I did contact Mr. Newman’s Company and here’s our conversation via email.

COMMENTS:
I LOVE the southwest dressing that comes with the new
southwestern salads at McDonald's. Is the dressing available
for purchase in the stores yet or online?
Thank you in advance for your reply...Colette D.

There reply:
“Dear Ms. DeVillier,
Shuster Laboratories is a technical consulting organization
retained by Newman's Own, Inc. to provide technical and
quality assurance services. Newman's Own welcomes questions
and comments about all of their products.The packets are a
restaurant recipe for food service only under a licensing
agreement with McDonald's. We do not currently produce
a shelf-stable Southwest dressing for grocery stores.

We will forward your request to the appropriate department
for future consideration. We thank you for your purchase of
Newman's Own and hope you will continue to be a valued customer.
Sincerely,Newman's Own Customer Service Team”

Errrr…….. Ok so now they get you “hooked” on it, but you can’t buy it?? Well, what do you do when Mickey D’s decides to not sell the South Western Salads??? See my dilemma here? Grrrrr…

Ok, well I’m going to confess something here and shhh don’t tell anyone! The wonderful people of Kraft make a “Honey Mustard Signature Series” salad dressing that is awesome, not to be confused with the “Honey Dijon” salad dressing that Kraft also makes. Anyways, I discovered it at Ryan’s Steakhouse; they have the bottles sitting on the salad bar. So I contacted Kraft and was told this was “an institutional item only and you can’t buy it in the stores either”? WTF Again?

Ok so with all that being said…know what I did? I STOLE the bottle of dressing!! LMAO…yep I did! Hell the way I figure it I am paying $10.00 for the all you can eat buffet, then I should be able to get all the dressing I can eat right? LOL. Actually I have stole a couple bottles from time to time! Please don’t think I am advocating stealing by any means, but why do these people get you hooked and then go “oh you can’t buy it…sorry” Well I have only one thing to say to Kraft and Paul Newman!

Ok so now I guess next time I go to McDonald's, I will be buying 5 or 6 extra packs of dressing to stock up!! I'm sure the person who sales it to me will be thinking “Damn no wonder that chick is fat!! That’s a lot of dressing for one salad!” LOL. Oh well who gives a crap…. But I’m still going to beat Paul Newman’s ass!! hehe

21 comments:

Randi said...

You are too funny. Stealing salad dressing. Luckily I have not yet had the south western salad and now know better than to fall in love with it. I don't even think that salad is available in Canada!

MMalloy said...

LMAO! I love it!!!! You are right though the Southwest dressing is delish and it is only available through the summer so STOCK UP!!! My cousin is the manager at one of the McDonalds here in MN (he does WW as well) he brought home a whole box!

Colette said...

AWWWW.. I guess I better get me a hook up at Mickey D's too!!! Damn!

dizzydazey said...

LMAO! You're too funny!

They can't see Paul Newman's Micky D's stuff because they lace it (and all the other Micky D products) with Crack Cocaine. That stuff can't be sold just anywhere you know.

When you said you were going to bitch slap Paul Newman I pictured him in one of his stupid hats looking scared of you. Too Funny!!

Jo said...

rofl, I can't believe you went that far :) But it is good! I'm sure somewhere someone has a dressing that is similar... on the lookout on my next trip to TX.

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I, like you, am addicted to a few things that you either have to order or get at a restaurant....sucks! I am the only person out of all that I know, that orders 4 jars of dehydrated peanut butter at a time....costs like 25 bucks but it is sooooo worth it. I so wish that I could find it at one of our "health food" stores.....btw - I'm gonna have to try that damn salad now - Paul may have a whole gang on his ass - lol

Colette said...

haha @ Steph...I took the kids to McDonalds tonight after I walked and I asked the manager on duty if she knew how long those salads would be on the menu and her reply was " I dunnooooooo, Eyesss a gues if theys keeps sellings good wee's gonna keeps thems on thus menus butz I dunnoooooo" that was her EXACT words..I swear!! * rolls eyes...she didn't give one shit about when they wouldn't have those salads anymore!! Oh but she was nice enough to imform me that if I wanted "axtra dressings it was 33 scents"...LOL Sorry but I just hate people who work at fast food places! They always act like they are doing you a FAVOR by waiting on you!! ok, I'm off to shower..LOL

MtngirlinCali said...

I so love that you e-mailed them about their dressing! DH is passionate about Olive Garden's dressing, which isn't stocked in stores but IS sold in the restaurants. Guess who always has to buy it on top of dinner?! Maybe you'll start something and they'll get it in the stores eventually? They'd better send you a coupon for your most excellent suggestion. ;)

The Price's Wife said...

That's hilarious... WE food lovers have issues, don't we? I'd steal the Cafe Rio salad dressing if I could!

Amanda said...

Oh my...girl you crack me up! Stealing salad dressing and all. Are your kids old enough to get a job at McDs?? If so--there you go! There's your hook up. Get them to steal you some dressing and then they can quit! :)

I guess if you go back to Ryan's, you can't pull an Amanda and bring your own dressing?!? Who am I kidding? You would just steal another bottle! :)

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! :) And yes, you should kick their ass...it is not fair! Good idea to buy extra dressings. I still not have tried the McDonald's salad, but will soon!

Colette said...

Amanda....hummm I wonder if I can get my 12 yo a job there? LOL OH how I WISH!!!!!

WeightBGone said...

LMAO you crack me up and make my day with your blogs. I think you should kick some butt and I will be right there helping you ok? I havent tried that salad from Mc D's so guess I better do it before theys no longer keeps thems on thus menu. LOL Have a wonderful day.

Sarah in AZ said...

LOL!

I say just ask for an extra packet or two when you go through,and store them at home :)

I love Newmans products, I can't get enough of his pasta sauces when I don't feel like making my own.

Have you ever tried Emeril's salsa? REALLY good!

Colette said...

I haven't tried Emeril's salsa, but I will have to now. He is from New Orleans and has several restraunts here too.

Also I have never tried teh Pasta sauce by ole pauley BOY either, but will check it out. I found a fat free spaghetti sauce at Winn Dixie and it is SUPER good and each serving has like 15 calories...which is NO POINTS!! Its awesome, I use it alot too!

Its funny you start reading the jars and cans of stuff and you become VERY picky as to what you will put in your MOUTH!!

Unknown said...

You know I am so with you on the damn fast food workers - I mean really, is it a requirement to be ignorant AND rude??? I'm beginning to think that about grocery store workers too though - I'm not asking you to french kiss me or anything but how about a damn "have a nice day" or even a howdy doody "screw you" would work for me! Yeah and don't call your local electric company when the power is out - I just talked to some chick named Natasha about our electricity being out and she said that they knew it was out but she didn't know what was wrong or how long it would take - she says "I'm not an electrician" - yeah, no shit......your a customer service rep so why don't you learn some customer service skills!!! Geez...I'm bitter - sorry!

BB said...

Hey Colette,
I have two packs of that dressing in my fridge....I'll mentally send them to you LOL!

Colette said...

wooohooo thanks BB. Im gonna start stocking up this weekend on them!!

lilcatmama said...

OHHHH man! I am laughing so hard I am practically crying! You are hysterical! I guess its hard for me to relate to this post since I don't like dressings or any type of condiments!!

Thanks for checking up on me!! It means a lot to me! Now that my first draft of my paper is done I am back to blogging!!

Candace MacPherson said...

I know I've been getting ticked because I love the LF Italian Paul Newman dressing from Mickey Ds. Never thought to steal it - Hmmm

Swizzlepop said...

You are out of control! OMG too freaking funny about the dressing!