Monday, May 28, 2007

To Lose Weight Keep Your ASS out of the Refrigrator!!


haha.. Big hug to my friend Ray in Michigan for the above picture! You always make me laugh sweetie!! Sometimes it takes just a cute little email like this to make me smile and it just gives me that boost I need to keep working towards my goal of trying to lose weight!
Ok so is it me or what??? But I hate it when I get a cool new recipe for a really great WW dish and you work so hard planning, buying and cooking it and when you get done the recipe says serves 8 @ so many points right? Why don't the recipes say serves 8 ( 1 1/2cup EACH) @ so many points.. So is it just me or what? Maybe I am stupid but when I make a new recipe I have no clue how BIG or how MUCH a serving is!! In the past I have had to actually serparate a recipe into the 8 servings so I can see how much each serving should be!!!!!!!!!! Errrrr I swear I hate that. Is it just me that gets ticked off about that? I am talking about a big pot of soup or chili here you know something of that nature, not muffins because thats pretty easy! You know?
So with all that being said I will ALWAYS put in my recipes on here what constitutes a serving size wise!! I did make a great recipe tonight for Stir Fry Chicken and Broccoli for 6 points a serving! Omg it was so good too. I will post the recipe soon.
I think I have done pretty well this weekend. I do weigh in in the morning so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have lost some. The last few weeks have not been good.
A couple of things I wanted to share too. I found at Walmart the best chicken nuggets ever. They are made by Pilgrims Pride and they are wonderful. They are baked not fried and the are the biggest white meat nuggets I have found. You get 4 pieces and its only 3 points per serving. You can find them in the frozen food cases near the meat department. The great thing about them is you can bake them in the oven or nuke them for 2 minutes. My kids love them and I have to say they are definately better than the nuggets at McDonalds too. I use them on salads, on Flatouts (1 point) with lettuce and honey mustard dressing for a great low calorie/ points wrap or just by themselves with veggies for dinner. Yummy
And I am hooked on the Reduced Fat Chips Ahoy these wonderful chocolate chip cookies only come in at 1 point each!!! I feel like I am really being bad when I have a couple of them and they seem to satisfy my cravings for some comfort food . I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day tomorrow.
We are going to make some Bar B Q chicken on the grill tomorrow along with corn on the cob, some fresh veggies and watermelon!! I hope everyone has a great day what ever your plans are but remember if you see someone who is in the service, be sure to thank them for all they have done.
God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Collette,

That picture of the donkey in the fridge is damn hilarious! :)
Deroshepp