Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life is GOOD!

Hey ya'lll,
I hope everyone is doing ok today. I had a really crazy, busy but great day. I did manage to stay OP and even exercised for 45 minutes tonight. wooohooo!
I have come to realize that doing WW is not going to be a quick fix to all my weight problems, it will take lots of determination and will power. I will have to plan ahead for meals, make time for exercise and stand committed in my plan. But I want this so bad and I will succeed. I have NEVER worn jeans in a size 12 or smaller in 30 years!! Sad huh? I was always big for my age. I remember being in 6th grade and going to the skating rink with all my friends and I wore a ladies size 10 shoe! I never could wear the cute jeans (Levi's) all the girls wore because I was unable to fit in the sizes they sold at the mall. I always had to get my jeans at Sears because they sold the husky sizes and man they were ugly!! lol. I remember one year I got a really nice pair of Cheryl Tiegs jeans and I thought I was all that because they were name brand!!
I was a normal size in kindergarden so much so that this little black boy named Johnny (yeah he was always in trouble too) use to bully me for my milk money. Of coarse I ALWAYS gave it to him out of fear and this continued for a whole year. Lucky for me the next year he moved and boy was I relieved. Well as luck would have it when I went into 6th grade to a new school who did I run into, but good ole Johnny LOL.
I had grown considerable in height and girth and I TOWERED over him because for one he stopped growing somewheres along the way and ended up being rather short!!! If you could have seen his face when I marched up to him and said hey Johnny remember me? he looked at me and his eyes grew wide. Oh yeah he remembered me all right..LMAO and he was scared! I told him if he ever bothered me again I would SIT on him!!!! hahahaha Last I seen of ole Johnny he was running away. Needless to say I never had anymore problems with him.

Ok here is the recipe I promised for the Chicken Enchilada Soup

Ingredients:
1/4 cup diced onion
1 chicken breast, diced
2(10 oz)cans chicken broth
1 can water
1(19oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1(19oz) can diced tomatoes
3 tbs chili powder
1(113g)can diced green chilies
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1(250g)tub of light cream cheese
1 cup low fat milk

Instructions:
Coat non-stick pan with cooking spray. Add onions, chicken, garlic powder and pepper. Saute until onions are soft. Add tomatoes,black beans, broth, water, green chilies and chili powder. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk and gently simmer 15 more minutes until cheese is melted. Thicken with equal parts corn starch and cold water by mixing well and adding mixture a little at a time til you get the thickness you want.
NOTE: Serve with low fat tortilla chips and grated low fat cheddar.

Each serving is: 1 & 1/2 cup of soup for 5 points each. Recipe makes 6 servings

Well good night all. I hope everyone has a great OP friday!!! I got plans to fall off the wagon and have chinese food for lunch!! Yummy!! But I will eat healthy.

120goal Says: May 25th, 2007 at 1:33 pm
Hello! I was reading your post and you said, “I will have to plan ahead for meals…” That is the part I need to learn the most. Planning ahead makes it so much easier in our busy, busy lives. Thanks for the Enchilada soup recipe; it looks very yummy!

nomorefatschellie Says: May 26th, 2007 at 11:01 am
Hello there! I had chinese 4 times this week. That is my one nad pnly weakness, but I had good control. I did have the things I REALLY like, just not as much. I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!

No comments: