Hi guys,
Hope everyone had a great day today. Couple things going on here. The kids get out of school tomorrow for the summer..yippie!! I know how I felt when it was summer and I couldn't wait to run barefoot in the grass everyday and enjoy the sunshine!! I just wish we (adults) were off for the summer too!! lol.. that would be cool.
I found a new snack at Walmart last night called Granola Bites by Quaker. They come in 3 different flavors chocolate, cinnamon and peanut butter all for 90 calories a pack and no trans fat. I was only able to find the cinnamon ones and boy they were good! Has any one else tried these? I definitely want to try the peanut butter ones when I can find them.
I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the ladies that have dropped me a quick note the past few days. You really have inspired me to keep moving on toward my goals. I am definitely one of those people that will get on the computer and go to Google and do a search of before and after weight loss photos to get inspired!! I love to see the before and afters..it is truly amazing what you can do with a little perseverance and determination. Thats how I found Roni s site one night a couple months ago.
I also was looking online for a great recipe builder for free and I actually found an awesome one that is very specific in different types of information it can give you, for example:
*Caloric Ratio ( where all the calories some from)
* Fullness Factor (foods that will keep you feeling fuller longer)
* IF (Inflammation Factor) Rating ( foods that affect inflammation)
I was diagnosed with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was 33 and when my hands are inflammed I find it hard to make a fist or hold dumb bells to work out? Sucks I know but I am hoping through diet and exercise I can keep it under control. So I try to find foods that have a low inflammation factor in my case. I have found the recipe builder to be a great tool where I can build recipes, figure points per serving and store nutritional information for FREE! Check it out and play around with it and I think you will be just as surprised as me as to what it can do!
ok Im gonna get off my soap box now and tell ya what I ate:
Morning:
raisin bran w/ skim milk 4
Lunch:
king ranch casserole w/ 2 tbs sour cream 5
chips and cheese sauce 3
Snacks:
granola bites 2
smoothie 2
1 low fat chips ahoy cookie 1
Dinner:
4 oz super lean hamburger patty 4
cabbage w/ smoke sausage 1
1/2 cup sweet potatoes 2
corn muffin 3
TOTAL 27
3 Responses to “A little of this and a little of that….. ;-)”
Jessica Says: May 24th, 2007 at 12:39 am
I chucked reading your previous entry about Omar the tentmaker. We have captain at the firehouse who is called Tank.( for obvious reasons) He jokes that his uniforms are made by Omar. Must be a busy guy! I am happy to hear about you having to buy new scrubs.THat is AWESOME! I’m sure the checkbook feels otherwise, but its the little things that count! I had my first po’ boy while in Florida. Not sure how truly authentic it was,(House of Blues) but man was it good! It had to be, like a million points.
colette Says: May 24th, 2007 at 12:55 am
Jessica- Yeah I wore them today and got TONS of compliments! One nurse who we are always on her case to do WW with us said to me today “Gosh Colette, you look so pretty… I think I am gonna have to start doing that diet with ya’ll”…lol Funny what motivates us huh?
oh yeah, Omar the tent maker has been around in our family a LONG time!! I remember my MeMaw saying when I was a kid she was going to have to go see “Omar the tent maker” to get a new dress…lol. Man the things that stick with you when your a kid huh?
That apple cinnamon pocket thing you made sounds HEAVENLY too. Think I will try it this weekend too.night girlie
mamainphilly Says: May 24th, 2007 at 12:15 pm
Hi Colette:
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I’ve bought the Quaker bites and like the peanut butter ones the best. My oldest loves those thing. I’m not crazy on the cinnamon one because it seems strong to me. I’ll have to look for the Chocolate one though. YUMMY. Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment