Wow what a great day I had. I am so excited because tomorrow morning I WI. I am hoping for a loss of at least 4 pounds!! Sounds like alot I know but if I do then I will have lost a total of 40 POUNDS!! yeah ok, I know your thinking don’t get too excited because you might not make it and I have to say your right, but there’s always next week :) I am keeping my fingers crossed!! We’ll see.
Today I played around with some recipes, the first was a Beef Shish Kabobs recipe I found and the second was some cream cheese and fruit turnovers that was inspired from My 30×30 blog. I made them the exact way except I used sugar free apple pie filling and added a lil splenda with cimminon!! They were yummy and only 5 points! I am a huge sweet person and I will honestly say I miss my glazed donuts and cookies!! I was reading another ladies blog the other day and she was saying on vacation she had a chocolate glazed donut every day. I wanted to lick the screen it sounded so good! But I know if I got get just one donut I will be on a sugar binge ALL day. My motto is: “Nothing tastes as good as thin is going to feel”!!!
Here is the recipe for the Shish Kabobs, they were EXCELLENT by the way:
1 lb of top loin steak, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tsp ground ginger
Vegetables of your choice such as onions, mushrooms, green peppers, carrots, zucchini or squash cut in 1 inch chunks.
Place beef in an airtight container and add marinade ingredients. Cover and toss to cover all meat with the marinade. Refrigerate 10 hours or over night. Remove beef and add vegetables, cover and toss. Marinade veggies for 30 minutes. Thread alternately with meat on skewers and grill for 15-20 minutes. I only counted the meat after it was done for the points.
These were so good and I served them on top of yellow rice and had a salad on the side. Very tasty and even the kids loved it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment