Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chicken Quesadilla and Couch 25k



Hey everyone..... I want to say that I, PMS Barbie with a gun did the first day of the couch 25k today!! Woohooo! I can not believe that I was able to do it!..seriously!! I am 214 lbs of tub-o-lard trying to run!! hehe... Actually I want to thank Chris for giving me the push to "just try" it! She encourged me and told me what did I have to lose...nothing ...just TRY IT! And I did...and I am super proud of myself.
But when I looked at the schedule and it said to run for 60 seconds then walk briskly for 90 seconds then repeat for 20 minutes I thought I am going to fall out on this treadmill!! Also I wondered do I count the 5 minutes of " warm up" walking in the 20 minutes also???? Err...see I am OVER EXAMINE everything!! Makes myself CRAZY!! Anyhow I did the 5 minute warm up, 20 ADDITIONAL minutes of the 60 seconds on and 90 seconds off for a total of 25 minutes on the treadmill!! You do realize its going to SNOW in the middle of summer here now...has to because I actually did this and its a MIRACILE!! LOL :)
I tell you me and Paul Newman have this love affair going on! yeah, I know its onsides but who gives a shit as long as I get what I want! I had half a pack of dressing left over the other day when I made some south western salads here at home and didn't want to throw it out. So I saved it to use on a my next salad and then I got to thinking and came up with this genus idea! Use the leftover southwest dressing to make a Chicken Quesadilla like they make at TACO BELL! Gawd I use to love to get those but at 13 pts for one chicken quesadilla??? FORGET IT!!

I made the most wonderful Chicken quesadilla tonight for 5.5 pts!! AND OMG IT WAS YUMMY!!! Ok, here the recipe:
1 ~large whole wheat tortilla factory tortilla (1)
3 oz~ sliced cooked chicken breast (2)
1/4 cup Fat Free Cheddar Cheese shredded (1)
1/4 packet Paul Newman's South Western dressing (.50)
2~TBSPN Lite Sour Cream on side (1)
Mild or Hot taco sauce (0)

ok, Spray a non stick skillet with Pam spray and place on medium heat. Place the large tortilla in pan and on half of tortilla add all the chicken, then sprinkle the cheese next on top and add the sauce over same. With a spatchula fold tortilla in half and move to middle of the skillet and place a heavy pot on top to hold it down for a couple minutes. Then flip and put the pot back on it for a few more minutes til done. Place on a plate and cut with a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and sauce to dip it in if desired!!
A couple years ago I worked a part time job at TB due to the kids father was not paying child support so I got lots of experience in making these then!! They basically make it the same way but there sauce is called quesadilla sauce! My Chicken quesadilla has double the amount of meat and cheese and half the points!! Pretty fricking AWESOME if you ask me!! I will definately make those again, because I always make extra chicken on my indoor grill when I cook it because you can find a million ways to use cooked chicken!! And the chicken is so moist and juicey!! I hope everyone is using their grills??

Ok, well I am off to bed. I am pooped from that lil sesson tonight! Thanks again CHRIS for the kick in the azz!! I needed it!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you are doing the cp25k...I love it! And I promise it does get easier!! That quesadilla looks delish!!

WeightBGone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WeightBGone said...

Yum on the Chicken Quesadilla and WTG on the CP25k!! You are a Barbie bitch in the kitchen and a Barbie bearcat on the treadmill. Grrrrrrrrrr you go girl!! LOL

MtngirlinCali said...

Woohoo!!! I'm so proud of you for trying the running.....look at how well you rocked it, too. Congrats! I'll start working on you next for the triathlon season next summer. ;)

Amanda said...

WOO HOO for you and Ct5K!!! That's awesome!!!

I did the same thing when I started...do I do the walk/run thing for 20 minutes for a TOTAL of 25 minutes OR 15 minutes for a TOTAL of 20 minutes?? I did the 25 minute thing. :) It's great and you will ROCK it!!

That quesidilla looks and sounds awesome! I might have to try that. DH will be gone next week so I am NOT cooking...this might be my dinner one night!

dizzydazey said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you for doing CP25K! That's too awesome!!

That quesadilla looks yum! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Colette -

YOU deserve all the credit for starting C25K! I just gave you a little nudge in the right direction! BRAVO, chica!

-Chris

BTW- that quesadilla sounds amazing!! The stuff is going on my shopping list right now!

Amanda said...

Hey--saw your comment on Chris's blog aboug loving chicken pot pie...I have a recipe you would probably LOVE. Actually, I am having it RIGHT NOW for lunch! :)

I'll try to post it later. :)

Sarah in AZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.