OH yeah I definitely got a huge helping of humble pie tonight and this is how it went. Earlier today I had a conversation with my bf about his attitude. I feel alot of the time he acts "superior" towards me and everybody and I told him how it makes me feel! Anyways we precede to get into an argument and I told him some other peoples observations of him as in "being a smart ass" and a " know it all" Lets just say it was not pretty and we agreed to be just friends which I will admit we have gone several times!
Fast forward to later in the evening. I had walked tonight, come home and cooked my super and I sat down to check my email and blogs but I couldn't get on the computer. I had forgotten my password!!! Errrr... I had changed it the night before because I have a 12 yo son who will sit on the computer 24/7 if you let him playing a fantasy game called Runescape!
at the beginning of simmer I bought some software to install on my computer for children to keep them off of inappropriate website and one of the features I loved was the fact you could set his Internet time to start say at 12 noon and shut off at 3 pm! Well I thought it was working well until I came home and found him still on it at 4 pm one day!
Oh I was super pissed when I found out that for weeks he had been playing for longer than 3 hours...one day it was for 9 hours!!! Now mind you when he is " gaming" he is sitting at my computer wrapped up in a blue plaid comforter and looks like Gandhi!!! I swear the kids won't eat and if I call he acts like he is on CRACK.....meaning he snaps at me on the phone, is agitated and doesn't remember anything I tell him if he is on the computer!
Well that son of mine found a way to hack into the program and found a way to get around the time issue...so he could play all day. So then I thought ok I will set the computer to a different PASSWORD EACH AND EVERY DAY....and at 3 pm he calls me to get that days password and is allowed to play til I get home at 6pm. Well yesterday when I changed his password it would not work when he tried to get on.....so being STUPID like I am I gave him mine so he could play.
Last night before I went to bed I changed mine yet again so he would not be able to get on mine today! The shitty thing was when I sat down to sign on I could not for the life of me remember it!! I tried a million passwords with no luck. I was able to get on the kids sign on's but all the info I read on Windows XP said I would have to RE-INSTALL!! I was so upset and began crying, then I started snapping at my daughter for no reason then when my son asked me what the problem was ( yes I was in the living room raising hell ) I told him it was all his FAULT!!! If he could control himself and not be so damn addicted to this computer i would not have to change the f'ing password each day and I would not have had to change MINE...and I guess I'm getting old but I could not remember it!!! UGGGHHH...
So what do I do? yep. I called Stephen and said " I need your help." The first thing he told me was do NOT re-install no matter what or I will lose everything!! I was going insane at this point because I have tons of pictures of my house pre-Katrina, during the renovation and recent pics as well as old pics I uploaded or scanned into my computer that would have simply been gone forever!! Oh and I hate to think of all the files I would have lost!!
After an hour of doing research online he was able to walk me through going into a safe mode and being able to change my password so I was finally able to get on my computer!! Then of coarse I had to hear how " he don't know anything, is nothing but a smart ass and a know it all" but it was HIM the" know it all" who fixed my computer!! Blab, blab, blab...... lol
I am SO grateful for his help and just wanted to say I Love you STEPHEN!!! I appreciate all your help tonight and could not have done it without you!
Ok now I guess I better find out how many points are in that humble pie I just ate!! :)
night all...
Colette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I was wondering what happened to you today since you hadn't blogged. You were missed!
Humble pie is point free just because its never easy to digest. LOL
Sorry you had so many problems but happy you got them all worked out. Gotta love those men even though they piss us off more than anything sometimes. They just need to keep in mind we are right 99.9% of the time. LMAO
Yep, humble pie is free! Sorry you had to swallow that though. I don't blame you for not wanting your son on the computer all day. Are his eyes glazed over once you get home?? :) Glad you got it all fixed and everything was fine. YAY!!
Colette,
I completely understand your frustration with your son. My husband plays an online game, World of Warcraft. I used to play with him, but when we bought our house my priorities changed and I stopped. He however, still plays and puts a lot of hours into playing it. At least he's not like his friends who plays at least 60 hours a week, in addition to working as a full time school teacher. I know this probably doesn't help me telling you this, since I speaking of grown men and your son is still just a child, but I wanted to let you know that I sympathize with you. Sometimes I want to throw his computer through the window!
OH girl!!! It never fails that our mouths, no matter how true the words we say are, bite us in the a$$. I've done the same thing with my DH and he too makes sure he does a little rubbing in. Like he NEVER makes a mistake!! Kuddos to you for asking for help though...sometimes I'm too stubborn for my own good!
Have a great day!!
Humble pie - 0 points
Sorry you had to eat it though! My 13 y.o twins play World of Warcraft and we are really deep into the same issue! I might look into this setting up the computer according to a specific time thing...we have tried everything else with limited success!
Last year we had homework problems b/c both of them were palying WOW instead of doing their homework...then when we got home, they were lying to us and telling us that they had done it before they got online! Just like little junkies!
-Chris
Thanks guys....eating your own words can be a bitter thing!
He and I are TOO much alike, both strong willed, have to have the last word, hence we butt heads ALOT!
Oh well I hope it gets better
Colette seems like your boyfriend is a very bright young man, a recent study by havard showed that men was typically 92 percent more smarter then women and most of the time they are right,
Who exactly is COUNSELOR - obviously they are not a Barbie and have no idea what we are capable of!!! So okay - I hear ya - hubby plays poker....I take drugs to sleep and this ass will make me doze on couch so he can play his damn game - well not anymore sister!! I come in the bedroom, shut off the light and start snoring...he has finally decided that it is more worthwhile for him to come to bed and fall asleep before me - HAHA!!
Okay, secondly - look I know that i have been busy and I've been MIA and I've got shit running out my ears but you started the Y2K couch thingie mabobber without me!!! Okay so somebody needs to kick this Barbie in the ass - careful though your foot could get stuck or potentially lost!!! So tell me how it is - fill me in - I need details sister!!!
lol at the Counselor comment. He obviously doesn't know who he's dealing with. I pity him, really. :o)
{{HUGS!}} for all the computer drama. I'm glad it all worked out!
Have a great weekend!
Haha..I think our COUNSELOR is my BF!!! I'd bet a dollar to a donut on that!!! LOL....
OH well men need their dreams TOO..LMAO!!!!!
Harvard studies show that men who quote Harvard studies and think they are always right get laid 92% less than those men who simply shut their mouths and nod their heads. It's true. Look it up.
ROTFLMAO @ Diet Coke....I have SO missed your wit and humor!! You so crack me up!!
I heart you!!
diet cokie, i so agree with your research i guess i quote havard studies because i have not got laid in 92 days.
Dear unhappy BF...
Here's a little advice...
In the midst of future conflict, shut your mouth, nod your head and drop your drawers. The rest will take care of itself, I promise.
Post a Comment