Friday, August 3, 2007

NSV and the C 25K

WOOOHOOO IT'S FRIDAY!!! Can you tell that I am happy because of that? It has been a long hard week here with lots of interesting things going as well. Thankfully school starts next week on Friday!! YIPPIE!!! And I am taking a couple of vacation days off on Thursday and Friday!! I am so tired and need a break! I think Thursday I will take the kids to New Orleans to do something fun for their last day off before school starts and after the kids are settled in school Friday I am going to go home and just enjoy the PEACE and QUIET in my HOUSE!!! Hell I might even take a bath ALONE!! Imagine that???? There is a GOD after all!! LOL...

Last night I did the 2nd session in the C 25K and honestly I have to say I was worried at first! You got to understand, I had only did one session and I was worried that I would not be able to complete the 2nd session. Stupid I know but I kept thinking what if I can't do it? I did it 2 days ago already, but maybe I was only able to do it because I was super pumped up about it! I have to say towards the end I did get tired but I could see the finish line so to speak...meaning my last run, before cooling down! I know to some of you this seems trivial but to me its a big accomplishment! I am 214 lbs and its not easy when your that big to run!!! But it will get easier this I do know! I felt wonderful after my session last night and lord I was sweating up a storm too! I walk 3 miles and hardly break a sweat til the end so I am finding this really fun and motivating but at the same time challenging!

Today I pulled a pair of pants out of the closet that I have not been able to wear for a long time. I tired them on a couple months ago and I couldn't even get the buttons to meet much less zip them up! Today those babies slid up, buttoned NO PROBLEM and ZIPPED right up!! YAHOOO. They are NOT tight, actually they are loose!!! I am really starting to dig this new body I am gaining thanks to WW!! Its a great motivation when you "see" the results of all your hard work and efforts! People can say " oh you lost weight..I can tell" and that's wonderful but when YOU see it then it's 10 x better!!! So that's my NSV for the day!!

Oh I have a question....when you lose enough weight and are no longer able to wear your "fat" clothes...do you pack them up and store them away ( heaven forbid you need them again) or do you give them away? I have some really nice expensive clothes that I won't be able to wear much longer and I am torn as to what to do with them? I do have to say a nurse here at work did give me a bag full of Capri's, shirts and jeans...and they was greatly appreciated! Especially since they were smaller sizes!! ok I was just throwing that question out there and wanted your options!!!

Have a good one ya'll

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo on the skinny pants!!! You go girl! Congrats too on day #2.......I am soooo proud of you!!

On the clothes front - I got rid of all my stuff and now wish that I had saved just a couple of things to look back on.....I would love to stand in one leg of my old pants - that would be great motivation!! Now I just go to the store where I used to shop and try on the size 34's - LMAO - it is hysterical!!! Keep it up - the finish line is just in sight!

Randi said...

I'd maybe keep 1 outfit. Something there's a picture of you wearing, or something really expensive or something. The rest I think you should get rid of. You shouldn't be thinking, "what if I need it again". You are doing this not to fit in some dress for 1 weekend and then can go back to the way you were. You are never going back there again! Change your attitude because whatever you're thinking is gonna come true!

Randi said...

I wanted to say also that good for you for running. It does get easier but because of practice, not just being skinny. Plus it's called "couch to 5 km." It's MADE for people who aren't used to exercise. Of course you're going to be able to do it! It will be tough, but it was made for people who think they can't!

Jo said...

Congrats on the running and the pants!! I'm sure you like Radiant in them! I want to get rid of my saggy-butt clothes and never see them again. Roni mentioned something about a clothing swap but have seen anything more on the matter - I guess if someone has spare time it could be pulled together. Great job, Colette, you rock my world!

Sarah in AZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MtngirlinCali said...

Donate those big boys! Don't even let yourself think about wearing them ever again. I took 3 trash bags worth of new suits to Goodwill. I'm so cheap that I'll do whatever it takes to not have to buy a new wardrobe all over again. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You are kicking butt with cp25k. I agree wit the other...keep maybe one thing but donate the rest. You won't need them ever again!

Amanda said...

For me, I am saving stuff b/c I know I am not done having kids. :) For you, I say get rid of those big boys!!! I would keep one thing, maybe your favorite outfit so when you reach your goal you can stand in one leg of them. :)

Congrats on the NSV!! That's huge!! And you are rocking C25K!!! Go girl!!

P.S. Ghost Rider is on DirecTV so I think DH and I are going to watch it before he leaves to go out of town for the week. hehehehe!!! :)

Amanda said...

Tried watching Ghost Rider but then I gave up and here I am on your blog! I couldn't even sit through an hour of it....too many scary parts for me. I was VERY sheltered as a child so those kinds of things FREAK me out! Hey, at least I tried. :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!

Swizzlepop said...

WOOHOO on the NSV! I am a total pack rat so I hate to get rid of anything but "fat clothes" are somthing that I think I can part with. I say hang on to the larger sizes for 6 months and then give them away. Let someone else who needs them get use out of them because you will no longer need that size :)