Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend! Today I went to my mom's to take up her old toilet and put in another one in her master bath! Unfortunately,I got lots of experience doing stuff like that since Katrina!! I was pretty handy before the hurricane but since then I have done so many things that I never thought I would have ever been able to do! For instance I have learned how to:
install light fixtures~ Yes I personally did each and every one of them all in my house :)
tape and float sheet rock~ I hate doing that..takes FOREVER to mud and float each seam THREE TIMES!!! I will NEVER do it again I swear!!! LOL
replace electrical outlets~ we had 4 1/2 ft of water so I replaced 30 plus outlets in the house myself because we couldn't get an electrician for MONTHS!!
lay wooden flooring~ OMG this can be a bitch to do..must have 2 peeps to lay....measure, cut, hammer together...and when you work backwards into a room it awful but necessary.
install cabinets~Those are heavy to hold up and the screws you us are 4 inches long!
replace faucets in sinks and tubs~ these seem the easiest! Not ..the plumbing was old (25 yrs) & rusted together
replace toilets~ Learned what a " rough in" was...its the distance from the wall to the middle of the hole in the floor AND don't let the bf tighten up the bolts.....CRACK...yep he over tightened one and it BUSTED!! LOL It wasn't funny then!!
hang doors~ I have hung so many doors that I think I could do it with my eyes closed!! They are not as easy as they look! You have to shim them to make sure they are level or the doors won't close or you will have big gaps!! This is a 2 person job for sure too.
Well this list could go on and on...but I won't! I think you get the picture..LOL
I guess you could say there were some good things to come out of that after all.
My Bf took this picture of the dining room as we was packing to leave to go to Houston, Tx. He was a little nervous and shaky..can you tell? I have to admit my bf and I did one hell of a job, considering we had never done anything like this before. Yeah, I see flaws and things not perfect but I have to live here and it doesn't bother me a bit! All I know is I NEVER want to do it again...LOL
C25K Update:
Ok, if your following my C25K sessions then you'll be glad to know I did my 3rd session and this time it was MUCH easier than the last. I think NOT eating a meal before running helped a lot and I drank alot of water today too...Of coarse I sweated like a PIG in my moms bathroom installing that toilet! LOL..but its all good! I was glad I could help her! Oh...guess what I just found out? My treadmill has this thing where you can do custom programs!!! How cool is that? I have had it for a year and have used it but mostly I walk outside at the park. I was running on it tonight and afterwards got the book out and BLAM it shows how to do a custom program...This will help a lot with my training I think. I LOVED my treadmill and I am just realizing all the crap it does...seriously! It plays music from Ipods, mp3's, computer, cd's, video players, tv or stereo...I was like DAMN I knew it was expensive I just thought it was because it had these SHOCKS for running and a 3 speed fan!! hehe...I think I better start reading the book more!
Well I better get my fanny in bed its 2 am....hummm I wonder if Barbie is up doing one of her "night raids!"....LOL!!! Put the pudding DOWN right now Barbie!!! haha... Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

8 comments:
Thanks for a job well done. You sure got your workout today. Love ya.....
WOW!!! I am impressed!! I hate that you had to go through so much with Katrina, but sounds like it's made you a stronger person. And look at all the beautiful work you have done to your house!! I love the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. GORGEOUS!!! And so is your dining room!!
WOW Chica you places looks amazing!! Kuddos to you for doing it yourself. And I bet when it was all done you felt a huge sense of accomplishment!!!!! I am so proud of you!!
And you doing great with the c25k. It does get easier as you go...but in some ways it gets harder to because those expectations go up. But there will be no stopping you!
Amazing...you have done some wonderful work. I feel like a missed so much being gone for a week. I am going to have to spend hours catching up on everyone!
Colette- that's AWESOME!!! Your house is looking really good & I'm so impressed that you know how to do all of that stuff!! I'm the handy one in my house too... but NOTHING like that -although I'd love to learn!! Very impressive! :D Good work on the C25K- Keep going!! You can do it!!
WOW, everything looks amazing!! Great job on C25K, too!
-Chris
Whoa! Your place looks amazing. I love your dining room. I'm soo proud of you for doing all of this handy work yourself. (well, you and the bf, anyways) I, too, hate that you had to deal with all the aftermath of Katrina, but I think it's incredible that you've overcome it in such an awesome way! {{hugs!!}}
Wow your house looks great and even more so because you did it yourself! Be proud lady you kick ass!
Post a Comment