Hi everyone. today was a great day here in Louisiana. The weather was beautiful, warm (84 degrees) and dry. During the summer we get rain almost every afternoon which makes the humidity so much worse.
I ate well today and stayed OP even passed up on the chocolate cupcakes someone brought to work! Yeah Colette!!
This afternoon after work I had to run some errands, so my daughter and I went out to Piccadilly's to get abite to eat for supper. I dont know why it is but when I have to run errands after work I always assume that we will just get something out to eat because its quicker and I am too tired to cook. Well for some reason I ALWAYS want to be bad! I was thinking to myself hummmmm fried chicken? Pasta? Fried catfish? Po-Boys? well you get the idea!
Anyways I had to talk to myself and say you had a good day don't blow it now STUPID!!! LOL.
I guess old habits die hard huh? In the past I would have gotten fried chicken, huge cheeseburgers or pasta swimming in cheese with lots of BREADSTICKS!!! sorry if too graphic.. I have a love affair with food. Can you tell? LMAO
Anyways we went to Piccadilly's and I ended up having Baked chicken breast ( yes, with the skin removed) broccoli, new potatoes and a piece of corn bread and the usual southern drink.. SWEET TEA!
I really tried to make good choices and to be honest about it alot of there choices are fried this and fried that!! I swear I think if you took an old army boot and battered it and fried it WE WOULD EAT IT!!! LMAO. Seriously, us southerners eat way TOO much fried foods. Its a shame but the number one killer in Louisiana is heart disease because of obesity! But if you listen to the news its the crime, not true. We as a city are killing ourselves sad huh?
After supper we went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I had been putting off getting some new scrubs for work because I am still losing weight and I hate to spend money on clothes I know I wont be able to wear for long. Anyways I have always been big. I use to wear a 2xl in the pants and a 3xl in the tops. If anyone has worn hospital scrubs before you know what I am talking about. OMAR the tent maker makes those and they are huge LOL.
I got a pretty pair of XL pink pants that have the flare bottoms and a nice 2xl shirt and when I tired it on my 7 y.o. daughter said to me " WOW mom you look SKINNY in those scrubs ".they look better than those brown pants you always wear to work! I was like so proud that my 7 yo noticed and commented how good I looked.
She even told me after supper mom lets go to the park so you can walk and I can play. I thought good idea, because honestly I was gonna try NOT to exercise tonight but she made me realize something she is watching everything I do, so I better do the right thing!!
Are kids a blessing or what??????
ok heres what I ate today:
yougart 1
apples w/ carmel 1
cheese and cracker 4
tuna sandwich 5
steamed veggies 1
popcorn 2
baked chicken 4
broccoli 0
new potatoes 1
corn bread 3
maragine 3
tea 1
total: 26
ok I did ok today but as always I see room for improvement, so tomorrow I will work on that.
Thought for the day: God don't make junk and he made me!
Colette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment