Saturday, July 7, 2007

Mary had a little lamb...

Hi Everyone!! *waves... Hope you guys are having a great weekend too. Friday was my boss's birthday and he is from India so we had the drug rep who was bringing lunch bring some Indian food. Have you ever ate lamb? Well they brought some lamb with curry and the curry was quite spicy which was cool with me because I like spicy food but I couldn't keep thinking " Mary had a little lamb...LOL" all through lunch!! errrr...the lamb was ok but according to the " Dining Out Companion" book from WW it is alot of points. I couldn't remember what the bread was called they brought but it was VERY good and I definitely like the Balsamic rice...very tasty too!

Today I made a Tamale Casserole Recipe out of one of my WW cookbooks... I do have to laugh because when I was preparing it I was thinking " I wonder if this recipe is right because it calls for 2 WHOLE red onions along with a WHOLE bell pepper, a clove of garlic and a Jalapeno pepper" hummm and when I cut it all up I had this huge bowl of onions and peppers..lol. I kept checking the recipe to see if I had misread it because I kept thinking this sure is ALOT of ONIONS and PEPPERS!! Well I did make the recipe and you have to cook those down for about 5 minutes then add your half of pound of ground turkey then add chili pepper, tomato sauce and corn!! Anyways this all cooks DOWN and you cook it in the oven after you puts a cornbread topping on it. After its done you add cheese...it was awesome and was only 6 points a serving!! I will post the recipe later.

I did walk tonight but we only walked 2 miles due to a wedding was in progress in the park when we got there. It was kinda awkward trying to walk on a walkway where they are talking pictures of the wedding party!! I am glad I at least did get in 2 miles since I did not walk last night, I just had too much going on!!

5 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

Recipe sounds yunny. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like a lot of prep work!
Great on the walking. I'm not sure if a mall crawl with family in tow counts. I was hoping to get out this morning for a walk, but hubby's home now and wants to lie down. Walking at a 4yo's pace just doesn't cut it.
Cheers, Candace

The Price's Wife said...

MMMM- that sounds so good... I am totally a curry lover! I'd love your recipe too!

Anonymous said...

Recipe sounds delish!! Was it reminiscent of a tamale?? (without the corn husk, of course)

Colette said...

Yes it was and very easy to make just alot of chopping up onions and green peppers. The recipe calls for ground turkey and i was suprised that I liked the flavor of it...It was delish. I will definately post it in the next few days.

Sarah in AZ said...

If you love spicy curry, I bet you would love Thai food. There is this dish called Panang, and OMG is it good. It's like a spicy curry soup with veggies and chicken (they will make it with pork or beef too-chickens good though) and a little bit of coconut milk. You spoon it over rice. YUMMMMM. I get cravings for it, and my husband hates Asian food, so I don't get to have it very often. I seriously sweat when I eat the stuff but I don't care :)
Your recipe sounds GREAT :)