Making the decision to take those training wheels off is like deciding to finally lose the weight…both VERY scary! Then when you finally get the nerve up, you start out peddling and you are a bit wobbly, unsure of yourself and it takes a little while to get the hang of it.
On WW you start off by learning the basics, making the right food choices, and after a bit you sort of get the hang of it.
Then it happens…. You fall! Well the same thing happens on WW…you trip up and fall. Maybe it was some unwise decisions, bad choices or just plain laziness, but its how we learn, by failing!!
So then you’re a little wiser now and you tell someone “ hold on to the back of my bike and don’t let go!” On WW we reach out to others for support and we hope they don’t let go.
And then your mom, dad or a friend ran beside you and held onto the back of your bike…and when they felt you were steady enough…they let go, but they stayed beside you in case you started wobbling and needed a hand. On WW I have found the support I have needed to feel confident enough to keep peddling and if I get wobbly I know ya’ll are there to give me a steady hand.
Sure there have been near misses and a few bruises along the way but the pride in finally being able to ride a bike is what it’s about after all… right? So to all my friends I want to say “thank you”…for running beside me, giving me a hand or a hug when needed, but most of all by standing beside me.
Oh by the way…I’m still learning to ride that bike, but its getting much easier!!! One day I hope I can help someone learn to ride a bike like a lot of you have done for me.
Thank you!
PS: Don’t forget tonight “ BIG MEDICINE” is on TLC at 8 pm central time. They will be showing a lady who has the most sagging skin ever removed and a young man who is 17 yo and weighs over 320 pounds. Being young and over weight….I’ve been there and done that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I love this analogy, so true. You are right there running beside many of us, I read your blog and your comments and depend on your support!
That is an awesome analogy. And soo soo true! I think that is why all of us are committed to blogging and we go through withdrawls if we don't get to write about the ups and downs we face and also be that cheering squad for others. You have a way with words my dear!
I agree, great analogy... Except it's more like a ten seater bike in this little group, don't you think? There's always someone strong steering us along, and a couple in the group who are still trying to learn to balance... then every once in a while one of us decides to stop peddling and puts our feet up until everyone else talks us back into peddling again. I love it.
Great analogy and very true indeed. You should write this to Weight Watchers I think they'ed love to read it and possibly post it on their website.
I agree! This is an awesome analogy and I think WW would like it. Maybe they'll pay you for it!
You're doing so great and I love that this is a reflection of your mental attitude, too. Love it! :o)
Thanks guys!! Yes, I definately thinks it helps when you have a good attitude and feel like you have a great support system in place. I feel very blessed!
Great post, Colette. It's like in my house, whenever life kicks at me hubby seems stronger than ever. The same holds true when life kicks at him. We're stronger when we know others need us - and you are helping everyone of us in this circle of bloggers.
I agree, it's just a better ride when your friends are with you, going through the same thing. WTG again on the weight loss, makes my day!
Post a Comment