Thursday, July 5, 2007

"WOW...You have lost weight girl!!"

That's what an elderly gentleman who owns a lawnmower repair shop here in town told me this morning when I stopped at the Circle K to get my morning cup of coffee..LOL!!! He then said to me "You can really tell you have lost alot of weight especially in your face." He wanted to know how I had done it and I told him Weight Watchers. He said "oh so you have to eat there food?" I said nope...you eat anything you want if you do the flex points...you just count your points. I even pulled out my points finder and showed him how it works. He had questions like do I have to go to the meetings and etc so we talked about 10 minutes and the last thing he said to me is " I am going to have to find a WW place in Picayune, MS where I live!!"

I have to say he was the first person, non family or non friend who noticed I had lost weight!! I had bought a used lawn mower from him last year and I have seen him in the store getting coffee in the mornings a couple times too. It felt wonderful that someone else out there NOTICED!! I mean my friends and family have all said " wow, your doing great" but I guess you always wonder if they are just saying that to be nice!! But this person didn't even know I was on a DIET!!! Wooohooo.

I had a great 4th as you could tell if you read yesterdays blog!! I had this wonderful cupcake with ice cream (fat free of coarse) and I must have sat at the table for 15 minutes enjoying each and every bite!! LMAO....I swear my b/f was like watching me and prolly thinking..." I wonder if she is going to want a cigarette afterwards'....ROTFLMAO

11 comments:

WeightBGone said...

You go girl! Strut your stuff!!! That is such a wonderful feeling when someone notices you've lost weight. You have a lot to be proud of I know I sure am proud of you. Keep it up!!

MMalloy said...

That is awesome that he noticed your transformation (I like that word), it is great motivation when someone who barely knows you says something!! Way to go!!!

Colette said...

Jan and Mattie...thanks! It definately made my day and I think I floated to work..LOL

BB said...

You are toooo funny! So glad for you on the weight loss comment! See you're doing great!

Unknown said...

Way to go girl!!! Do I feel a Trixie moment coming on! Speaking of the orgasmic cupcake - OH GOD - did I just say that out loud???? Okay speaking of the hmmmmm cupcake - isn't it amazing how great something can taste when we allow ourselves the opportunity to taste it and not just shovel it in??? I had no idea how great chocolate really was until I quit by cheapo depot chocolate bars and started savoring a good piece - I'm saying it is definetly close to sex!!! Congrats again ~

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the compliment...that is so awesome! Keep it up!!

Melody said...

Compliments are always great, but compliments from folks who don't even know we're trying are extra great!! Congrats!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

It's a great feeling when someone notices!!! You tend to walk a bit differently!!!

Candace MacPherson said...

What a great feeling. Do you suppose the fella want to join a meeting for himself or because it is a hotbed of soon-to-be sexy 'young' women?

Colette said...

haha@ hotbed of soon to be sexy young women!! Thats funny Candace

The Price's Wife said...

That's AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you for having a great fourth... that makes ONE of us!