
Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
Makes 4 servings @ 4 pts each. Cooks in 15 MINUTES and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients
1 medium Yukon Gold potato(es)
1 sprays cooking spray
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup onion(s), chopped (or 1 large shallot)
2 whole pieces or 4 halves corn on the cob, kernels removed with a knife
1 cup sweet red pepper(s), diced
4 oz Canadian-style bacon, diced
2 cup fat-free skim milk
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Instructions
Puncture potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add celery, onion, corn and red pepper; sauté over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil). Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Notes
Feel free to substitute your favorite fresh vegetables like asparagus and broccoli for the red pepper. Or to save time, substitute 2 cups of frozen corn and 1 cup of frozen, diced bell pepper for the fresh corn and red pepper.
Pasta e Fagioli Soup:
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef, 95% lean
1 cup chopped onions
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup diced celery
½ cup shredded carrots
29 ounces canned diced tomatoes
15 ounces canned kidney beans, undrained
15 ounces canned great northern beans, undrained
16 ounces tomato sauce
11 ½ ounces V-8 vegetable juice
3 cups of fat-free beef broth
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt to taste
1 ½ ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
Directions
Bring a large deep saucepan, half- filled with water, to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and follow directions on package until cooked al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
While pasta is boiling, brown the ground beef in a nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Once that is almost cooked through, add the garlic and cook until the meat is completely browned. Add the onion, celery and carrot to the beef mixture and let the ingredients cook together for about5 minutes.
Except for the pasta, add all remaining ingredients to the beef mixture, cover the saucepan and lower heat to simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and continue to simmer 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Information per Serving:283 Cal., 2 g. fat, 9 g. fiber
Serves 10- (1 cup each @ 5 points each)
I heart you all !!
UPDATE: I am down -4.2 pounds at WI today!! Yeah!!! Hopefully I am over that damn plateau!! lol

10 comments:
Thanks for the recipies!
Good Luck at WI!!
No frickin way! That is an amazing loss! Good for you girly, you deserve it!
WOWSER!!! Way to go - you are awesome! Keep it up girl! Gonna try that bacon, corn chowder - sounds yummy!
Way to go loser!
WOW!!! Awesome job on that loss...you rock!! And the soups sound delish!!
You LOSER!!! That's awesome!!!
And those recipes sound sooo good! I may have to try them for my fall recipes! :)
How to be a loser!!! I've never, even in the beginning, had a loss like that. You deservie it after the past couple of weeks.
I knew you could do it! Congrats from the bottom of my heart, Colette! Keep up the AWESOME work! Those soups and polenta recipe sound great! I'll give them a try! One tip for everyone: Do NOT try Polaner Sugar Free Strawberry jam (unless you have and like it!) I literally spit it back out of my mouth! I felt terrible but hubby says to just throw it out if I don't like it! UGH! More waste!
Congrats on the losss!!!!!!!!!! the soups sound great, as for fall...not that great, I am more of a summer person myself :)
COLETTE! Did you negate this loss??? OWN IT GIRL! There is no such thing as an 'illegal' loss. An 'illegal' gain, YES (we call it water retention and, amazingly water is the only way to get rid of it). But an 'illegal' loss?? Pfffftttt - Sometimes I wonder about your logic!
Post a Comment