Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ahhhh......

That was the sound I made this morning as I paid off ALL my bills!! Yep....you read that right. I am so fortunate to be able to do this. I came into a little money thanks to the Louisiana Road Home Program because of hurricane Katrina and the first thing I did was paid off my bills! I can't describe how it feels to not be worried about the credit card bills, a house note and all the other bills! I feel like for the first time in a LONG time I can finally breath!! I have a few more house repairs to do and my house will finally be complete and will put the remainder of the money in some kind of interest baring account after I pay back a couple family members who I have borrowed money from in the past!! I guess my next worry is that I will go hog wild and go out to eat at all the places I have been wanting to go to and gain my weight back! Hummm this is going to be a test I can see it now!! I just have to stay strong!
My next goal is to add to the money I have left and just save it because next year if all goes according to plan I will be at goal and I want TWIN GIRLS! LOL...ok I know your say WTF? When I say "twin girls" I am talking about BOOBS!!Trust me I do not want more kids at this point in my life. Hell, I can't control the two heathens I have now!! LOL Anyways I am looking forward to that and I may even get a tummy tuck and have my bat wings done too!! I think they call that the "Superwoman makeover"...LOL
On the diet front, I am doing ok I guess. I am down according to the scale but WI is not until Monday and I have to get through the weekend, which is always hard! But I am determined and I will stick it out! My first thing I want to buy myself is a new pair of running shoes. I have literally wore holes in the soles of the ones I have by walking every night! That's a good thing though so I am not complaining!
Thank you everyone for all the encouragement during this time of uncertainty where my love life is concerned. Nothing has changed at this point..I am still confused as ever but we are talking and I see that as a positive! I have 5 years invested in this relationship and I know that NOBODY is perfect myself included but if something is not working you have to make the commitment to fix it or cut your losses and move on. Decisions like this are so hard especially when you love someone but I am hoping we can work out our issues for my sake and my kids sake.... they love him too!
I will keep you all posted as to whats going on and THANK YOU girls for all your emails. Ok Becky aka "Blogger Mom" I hope your happy I have now posted!! LOL....
Love you all...
~Colette

11 comments:

WeightBGone said...

It's so good to have you back you are ALWAYS missed around here.

I'm so happy that you were able to get your bills paid off and can finish up needed home repair. I know thats got to be a huge relief for you.

It's a good sign that you and the bf are still talking. Hopefully you both can come to terms acceptable for all.

Take care my friend and like I said before I sure am glad you are back you were missed!!

Amanda said...

I am so thrilled for you that you got pay off all your bills!!! That is just wonderful!!!

And I sooo hope you can get the twin girls next year. When I am done having kids, I am getting a tummy tuck AND I am getting the girls put back where they belong!! :)

I have been wondering about you. I am so glad you posted. Sounds like things are going okay for you and that's always good! Your love life will get fixed, I am sure. :)

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

It's an awesome feeling when you get all the credit cards paid for, no mortgage payment etc...I am with you on the girls. I don't necessarily need 'em bigger, just put back up north a little (or a lot!!!)

The Price's Wife said...

You are in an enviable position (FINALLY!! Right?)... I hope you use this leg up to do things that will make you happy... and if twins will do that (and I'm thinking they probably will) then I definitely think you should move towards that goal!!!

Sarah in AZ said...

That is awesome Colette! I'm so glad to see you get some relief from everything!

Unknown said...

WOOHOO to being debt free!! Way to go and congratulation - you totally deserve it with all the hardwork that you have put in! I say get the girls - nothing wrong with doing something for yourself and what a fun (well not really fun but you know what I mean) way to celebrate!

Glad that you and BF are talking. 5 years is a huge investment - maybe this little break will help everyone grow a little bit......you know what they say absence makes the heart grow fonder!!

OH and yes you have to buy new running shoes - I noticed a huge difference in how I felt when I bought some good workout shoes.....they are worth every penny!

I heart you and I'm keeping you in my prayers - for the job and the bf situation - let me know if yo uneed anything.

Anonymous said...

I missed you and I'm really glad you're back! WOW - that is amazing that you have all your debt cleared! Congrats!!! I am also praying that the job & BF issue will be resolved for you...

-Chris

PS: I also want the "twins" & tummy fixed after I complete my journey --- isn't it amazing that so many of us want that??

MMalloy said...

I've missed you Colette, it is so good to hear from you again!!! Congrats on paying off all the bills, that has to be such a great feeling and also a sign that things are going well and that you will find a way through ANYTHING!!
You are such a strong and inspiring person. I thought of you the other day, I sent a resume into a company near New Orleans, I haven't heard anything, we'll see!

Candace MacPherson said...

WOW, Congrats on paying off the debt! Sucks that you had to go through what you went through for it, but after having gone through it you SO deserve it. I'd love to have the girls back where they belong. Oh, and don't wait for the footwear. If you're walking for health, think of the health of you feet and shins.

our life in a nutshell said...

way to go!! The girls are an awesome choice, There are alot of finance plans that are 12-18 months same as cash. THat is what I did, so I could enjoy them for that year I was saving money for them I just put it on my account vrs putting it in savings and sitting on it. Put next year isn't long.

dizzydazey said...

Yay for getting bills paid off!!

No one deserves the stress break more than you!

Good for you for deciding to get you some twins! You're gonna be one Hot Cajun Momma! :o)

Have a Great Day!!