
Oh and the best part of the night..... I got my first pair of BIFOCALS!! Wooohooo. Now I know your thinking what the hell is this nutty broad thinking? Bifocals???Well if your not at the age of about 40 ish you prolly won't have a clue as to what I am talking about. But when you get about my age (old..lol) your eyes lose the ability to "focus" on small print. This is called Presbyopia. Its part of the natural aging process of the eye...hence the need for bifocals! Basically it happens to EVERYONE at some point in your life!
Anyways I was so excited because over a week ago I went in to get my exam and order new glasses. I knew I was going to get bifocals and was finally ready. Last year the eye doctor told me I needed them and I told him nope, my arms were still long enough. I would just deal with it and I did. Well recently when I would hold stuff out to read I couldn't because my arms where not long enough. So I knew it was time to finally get them.
I picked out a great frame that even had a sunglasses clip with it, in addition I ordered the best no line bifocal called a progressive bifocals in a super thin and lite Len's and even ordered an anti-reflective coating to be put on it after it was cut! Now we are talking over $400.00 for a pair of glasses, but well worth it. I was an optician for 10 years and I know all about glasses and contacts so I knew what would be the best for me. Well I got the call they was ready and I went to get them. I have to say I was so surprised!! The optics in them was clear as a bell. The reading area was excellent and the intermediate vision was awesome! I could see close up, far away and in between! SUCCESS!!! yeah....I was so glad because lots of people have a hard time getting adjusted to a no line but I guess because I had sold so many in the past and knew all the in's and out's I was ready for them!
So the guy starts to tell me how to use them and I say they are perfect but just need a little panoscopic tilt on them and I adjust them as he watched in awe! lol.....I then told him I use to do this for a living..LOL!! He offered me a JOB...LOL!! I said no thanks, I can't work nights or weekends and you know in a mall your gonna work them all!
<-- Rebecca as a redhead So after all this I took Rebecca to Wendy's to get a bowl of chili for supper. She ate at the school but I didn't because I was being a good girl. Anyways we was in Wendy's and I was so super excited about my glasses. I kept taking them off and putting on my old ones and trying to read something close up or far away and then switching them to see the difference!! I thought WOW I can finally see!! I finished my supper and told her I was going to the bathroom I'd be right back and I grabbed my old glasses and took them with me. I wanted to compare the looks of both frames in the bathroom mirror while she finished up eating. So I go into the bathroom and I put my old ones on...stare at them... thinks to myself * hummm they are a little more narrower and then I put on my new ones and thinks to myself * hummm these feel so good, but a little more wider but that's ok. So for about 5 minutes I keep doing this and having this conversation with myself and after it was all done I was so pleased with myself!!!Then I turn around and I see a urinal???? WTF???? I think what is that doing in the ladies room? OMG , I grab the door real quick and open it and what does it say on the door?..... "MEN"..... I wanted to die!!! If a man would have came in while I was standing there switching my glasses back and forth looking at myself I would have DIED!! LOL..... I went back to my seat and told Rebecca " I don't think my new glasses are right...I just went into the MENS ROOM!!! Rotflmao........
Well hope you guys had a great night, I know I did! Least I can finally see....lol .. well maybe NOT!!
(((HUGS))))

6 comments:
Okay, I laughed out loud at that one... I've done it myself... In fact I did it last month at my kid's elementary school... yeah, mommy brain is a killer, huh.
Glasses my ass we ALL know why you went in the men's room. LMAO
I love it!!!! That was hilarious!
Psssst Stephen your woman is hangin out in the mens room!! :)
Oh that's hilarious!
I've done that before at a Wal-Mart out of town. I just assumed that the ladies was on the same side at their's as it is on our's! I definately saw more in man land that I wanted to see!
Glad you love your new glasses!! :o)
Oh I literally laughed out loud on that one. How funny!!!
Glad you can see and are thrilled with the new glasses. Are you sure they are the right prescription though?!?! ;)
weightbgone yes i seen that she didnt tell me about that, but she was in mens room and now she got flowers at her work from a secret admirer i wonder how long she was in there for.
LMAO I would have died, mainly from laughing at myself so hard.
Glad the new glasses work, $400 doesn't sound too bad I pay that for mine after insurance and I'm only nearsided. Speaking of which, I need to pick those bad boys up becuase teh current ones have paid their dues.
Rebecca looks adorable, I love the costume! And she looks so much like you.
Post a Comment