Friday, October 26, 2007

My Visual Motivation!!

"What Motivates You?"
I have been asked this so much lately by several people and it seems to be a common theme for some who are having trouble staying OP. I will definitely have to say I must have been a "man" in my life before because I am a person who is visually motivated!! LOL I have always been that way I suppose. If I saw a picture of myself and it was not good then I would feel "ugly", BUT if I saw a picture of myself that was half way decent then I felt "normal".
I don't think I ever felt "pretty" growing up to be honest. I was made fun of alot because I had red hair and freckles.... that's a hard thing to be when your a kid because kids can be so cruel but imagine also being over weight!! Honestly it sucked..... no wonder I had low self esteem as a child huh?
Visual Motivation has always been my "inspiration". Before I started WW I use to get on the computer and Google "before and after weight loss pictures". I would look at the pictures and want to so bad be THAT person...to be free of all this fat, to be happy and to be healthy! I remember looking at hundred's of pictures and thinking to myself..."if they did it then I can too" One night I was doing my usual " googling" and I came across Roni's site. I was so BLOWN away by her header. It was a progression of her weight loss pictures from the beginning til then and I was captivated to be honest. She looked wonderful....she looked healthy and she definitely looked HAPPY! I wanted that...this I did know but I really had no clue how to get it. Then I started reading her blog. I had never read a blog before in fact I didn't even know what a blog was but I must have stayed up til 2 am that first night reading her blog from the very beginning. I was so amazed at her honesty and candor. I remember thinking to myself "she is a real person just like me" and the things she blogged about where things I could relate too. This was the biggest selling point to me was I could RELATE to what she was saying. It was the same roadblocks I had encountered, but by reading I saw how she over came the obstacles she encountered but more importantly she was successful!!!
It was then I decided to give it " one more try". I was honestly miserable, unhealthy, my knees and back hurt so much. I figured what did I have to lose right? I went to Roni's blog everyday for inspiration, recipes, and hope! It helped TREMENDOUSLY!! I really don't think she still realizes how many people she has touched with her "little blog" :) I started a blog on her "community" and met so many wonderful women and for the first time I felt like I could do this!! I was not alone and by blogging and reading others blogs I realize WE all faced the same problems no matter if you lived in Canada, Michigan, Texas, Utah, or Louisiana! I learned alot for these woman who have become my "sisters" here. I am so grateful for all of you....really I am.
Then the big crash happened and honestly I FREAKED out!! I know that sounds stupid but I was so worried I would not find my "sisters" and without your support I knew I would not be successful! Thankfully we did find each other here on Blogspot and after Roni was able to regroup and get her community back up I did try to go back but honestly I am more comfortable here. This "sisterhood" has grown quit a bit and I am loving it!! I suppose what amazes me the most is how much we are all alike! We are so similar it is scary at times, but believe it or not I do find alot of comfort in that too!....Weird huh? LOL.....
I only hope that one day I am able to give back what I have received here......the compassion, the love, the sisterhood and the success to someone. I inspire to be the best I can and if it helps just one person then I have done my job. I have had a couple ladies email me and say "Please help me.....your such an inspiration and I need help!" I have to admit I was blown away and thought to myself...." This crazy broad wants ME to help her? But I am not a success!...How can I help her?"
And something amazing happens...I meet an old friend at Walmart and as we are talking she keeps looking me up and down and finally says "Girl you lost ALOT of weight....are you trying to lose weight or did if just fall off?" LMAO....To which I replied..."I wish it would fall OFF...but No I am on WW and have lost almost 50 POUNDS!" To which she replied "you look so good....but I just gave up trying and I am at 190 lbs now". And without thinking I blurted out "Oh, Don't give up...NEVER give up!" OMG did I just say that?? YEP I did... and I MEANT IT!!! :)
Then a couple days later I ran into an ex-SIL I have not seen in years and she said " OMG Colette...you lost HALF a person!" I was floored to be honest. I know I have lost alot, but I still see myself fat like we all do I guess! She couldn't get over how good I looked and the next thing she asked was " Are you happy?" and I paused a moment and then said..."Yeah I am....I really am!!" Funny I had not realized it until then.
So yeah maybe I can help that lady who emailed me crying out for help..... because not too long ago that woman was me! So to answer that question as to "What motivates me?"... take a look at my visual motivation!
BEFORE:



Current:
So now I ask you..."What motivates you?"
Keep blogging...you'll knew know who you will inspire!!!!
I heart you guys!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colette,

You look beautiful but more than that you are beautiful! You are a success and continue to be a success. Sometimes we need a reminder that we've settled and need a little push every once in awhile. I know I've settled at my current weight but then I saw a picture of myself from the behind and I realized I'm not where I want to be yet - but I'll get there!

I think it's great that you've found happiness along your journey! Keep up the great work, you are a huge inspiration to many of us! :)

P.s. I love the Applesauce Sour Cream Coffee Cake - thanks for the great tip! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look great. I so totally know how much work it is to get there. You rock!

Amanda said...

Wow girl...that was deep! You look amazing. And you ARE pretty. Don't ever thing otherwise.

I love our sisterhood too. And I know that this time next year when I am trying to lose the baby weight I can still count on our sisterhood to cheer me on the whole way. YAY!!!!

And I don't think Roni even has a clue how many lives her little blog has touched...I really don't. :)

Jo said...

You are looking great, Colette, and I've always found myself motivated by your successes AND your struggles. I appreciate that fact that you are sharing those. I'm also glad you could take a step back and visualize your own success! (I especially love seeing the little crashed on your bed, LOL, dunno why that cracked me up so much)

The Price's Wife said...

Wow! You really have lost a lot and you look great! I have to admit, I hit up your blog just about every day myself...

WeightBGone said...

You look fantastic and have so much to be proud of. You have always been my inspiration and I hit your blog every single day. When you havent written for a while I get frustrated just waiting for you to blog again. I know I'm weird. LOL

I do enjoy the advice and understanding I recieve on here. Thank you so much for the laughs, the deep thoughts, and the support.

I think we all have become "sisters in blogging" and traveling this weight loss journey together has made us stronger individuals and stronger as a team.

Thank you for YOU!!

Unknown said...

Awwww - I am soooooo proud of you!! Okay, I am saving that Lady Lustice costume for you, for next year!!! Hell I'll even send you the bitch, ummmmm prisoner costume!!

You are beautiful, inside and out and you most assuredly inspire me. You keep me laughing and sometimes crying with your inspiration, jokes, hugs and never say die spunk!! I heart you and I can't imagine how I survived before you or all of our barbie buds!!!

By the way - you are smoking hot - remember that!!

tallmama said...

You are doing so great! Funny reading your latest post I was just like me, I find I am motivated by looking at other peoples before/after pics...and thats how I too found Roni's sight..and I too was blown away by her pics...I also like her blog because she is on the tall side like me so it was great perspective.

Your pics are looking great, I mean you don't even have any rolls in your half neked picture!! that is so awsome. keep it up!!!

noelle said...

I love to read before and after stories too. And when I found Roni's blog I stayed up late a few nights in a row until I had read every last thing there!

It is incredible to think that I have inspired someone, but I know I have too. I still feel fat, and think that my weight will be an issue for me forever...but here I sit, a size 10 when I was a size 18 just a little less than a year ago.

Thanks for blogging with your honesty. It helps me to know that not all success stories are from those who have total self control and run 5 miles a day.

Anonymous said...

Wow Colette you look great, like you have lost a whole person. I also have to have the visual to make me motivated so i guess that means i was a man in my before life haha.

Swizzlepop said...

Collette you do give so much. You make me laugh, you make me wish I could actually meet you in person. You give compliments and kindness and honesty.

I hear ya on being made fun of as a kid, I was too but even more so, my dad was because he too had (he's balding now) red hair and freckles. It sucks that kids can be so cruel especially because red hair is so cool. I've always belived that it was cooler to be different than be like everyone else. How boring is that?

And I totally felt the same way you did when the crash happened, I felt lost. You're right, we all face the same struggles regardless of where we are located or even what size we are or started at. O love this little "sisterhood" that we have and know that it is you and everyone else who has helped me stay honest and accountable and still here so that I know that I won. And you will too.

(((HUGS))) See you even make me want to give you a hug and I'm not one to hug just anyone ;p

Anonymous said...

You are looking stunning! I agree with you - finding Roni's site and consequently all the support I have gotten has been tremendous. I'm not quite halfway to goal, and would not have done it on my own! Congrats on what you've accomplished. Keep it up!

P.S. I "tagged" you on my blog: http://blogs.weightwatchen.com/zazu/

Finding Myself said...

I LOVEDDDDDDDDD This post It was great...I mean wow you look beautiful! To hear how important your friends are says so much about the person you are and that is Great, makes me feel lucky I met you