DOWN 2.6 lbs!! Yeah!!! I am so loving this core plan, I really am. And for those of you who are scared of it, I say give it a try!! What do you have to lose?? Weight maybe? Honestly if your not losing try Core for a couple weeks. You just may like it better. I know I do!!
I got online and found a TON of Core recipes!! I am making Bourbon Chicken tonight. You know the kind you find at the Chinese restaurant in the mall!! I am going to make it and serve it on brown rice, steam some baby carrots and stir fry some broccoli in a garlic ginger sauce! Yummm.
If the recipe for the chicken turns out well I will post it this week! Ok, just wanted to let you know how my WI went this am!! I'm off to cook this new dish!!
Hugs to all especially my SCALE!! LOL
REVISED:
Ok, after we ate I JUST had to come back and post this recipe because it was WAY AWESOME!!! OK Amanda asked where I got it from. I went to http://www.recipezaar.com/ and typed in the word "core" under recipes and it will bring up a ton of core recipes...122 actually or change yoru search to the cookbooks and type in Core. I found 14 cookbooks by different peeps and one had over 500 recipes that were all Core or almost Core.
Anywho, this is where I found the recipe. I loved the recipe but I did some modifications to it only because the orginal recipe says it was 426 cal per serving and 24.2 grams of FAT!! I was like WTF...so I changed the 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for few sprays of Pam and instead of 1/3 cup brown sugar I used 3 Tablespoons of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend!!
Wanna know the difference? It is now 318 calories per serving and 8 grams of FAT !! DAMN GOOD HUH? Wait til you taste it...LOL. Even Better!
Core Burbon Chicken Recipe
(Just like the Burbon Chicken at the mall. Core +1 pt Found this recipe on the BCB WW Support Board)- this was the ladies note who summited this recipe.
Anyone know what BCB WW Support Board is??????
35 min 15 min prep
SERVES 4 HUGE servings
2 lbs chicken cut in bite size pieces
3 or 4 sprays of Pam
1 garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 Tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces and cook until only lightly browned. NOTE- The chicken will not be completely cooked. This is ok!!Remove chicken.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over hot brown rice and ENJOY.
ok as for the broccoli, I just stir fried some in a few sprays of pam for a minute or two and then used "La Choy Garlic Ginger Stir Fry Sauce" I mixed a couple tablespoons of it with a couple tablespoons of orange juice and made a mixture and poured over my stir fried broccoli. I got this idea from http://www.lachoy.com/ on there website. It's for the Garlic Ginger stir fry veggies recipe there. Ok so now you guys all know my little secrets...LOL
Oh one more. I found this "cookbook" on the same site and its suppose to be all core recipes. She has 1249 listed and some looked great!! Here is her link: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=32481
Maybe you will find something new to try!!
Hummmm ok now for tomorrow night it's going to be either the Core Skillet Lasagna, Core Tamale Pie or the Core Cjicken Tetrazinni!!! Yummm. Oh and I found a great Core recipe for cornbread!! Actually thats how I found all these recipes. I was looking for the cornbread recipe and found all these others! Well thats ok, I will save that recipe for next weekend when I cook a pot of beans or Core Chili!!!
Sorry so long but I had to post this recipe it was AWESOME! as a matter fact my son Josh was just in the kitchen and I said what are you doing? He said " Getting more chicken!!" Yep, we will be making this again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
WOO HOO!!! What a great loss!!! You are doing AWESOME on Core!!!
What website did you find all these recipes??? Your dinner tonight sounds AWESOME and I want to try it. Please post the recipe...and the recipe for your garlic ginger sauce. Sounds delish!
You are doing amazing!! I am so inspired! :)
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
And I am SUCH a practical girl! Give me the appliances that I want over jewelry ANYTIME!!!! Jewelry is nice too, but I want stuff I will use dammit! :)
That really does sound yummy! Might have to give it a try sometime this week!
You are doing so awsome on Core! I am totally scared of it, but if my weight continues to stall, that will be my next option!
What to go Colette! Whoot Whoot!
Wow, what a loss! Congratulations. That chicken sounds yuummmy!
great job! That is so awesome and the recipe sounds yummy too! I think my dh would even enjoy it!
Congrats on the loss!! I am going to try core next week so be ready to shower me with TIPS!
and thanks for the recipes I will def be making this in the very near future!
have a happy 4th!
Great ideas and that recipe looks delish! Amazing what you can get as Core. I still say more would convert if they would just TRY it for a week! YOU GO GIRL! I'm off to lead 2 meetings and spread the word!!! >^.^<
I haven't 'really' done Core since last summer. I've been mucking around lately with some high-protein diets, but am going to bring all of my books to meeting tonight and make sure I have everything I need. Right now my grocery bill is through the roof, and I've been thinking Core as a great alternative for me.
How are the kids liking the recipes? How was the rest of the school year? Oh - and say hi to Josh for me.
Errrr hulk needs protein, he doesnt need to be counting core points, eating brownies with black beans in it. incredible hulk will strike again
Post a Comment