Monday, July 7, 2008

What do you mean I'm Tagged?

Thanks Amanda for "tagging" me..... :) This should be fun...lol

10 years ago.......
Ok, this is when you know your getting old...I had to go dig up my 1999 TAX RETURN so I could remember what I was doing in July 1998...Sad huh? LOL.... Don't get OLD ladies...it's no FUN!!

With that being said, the first week of July 98' my husband and I were in the process of moving back to Louisiana after having spent the COLDEST year of my life in PA! (* Oh and for the record I have been COLD ever since...no lying!!) We had moved to Pa so I could get to know my bilogical father, 2 half brothers and extended family whom I never had not known growing up. To make a long story short...my hubby and I just quit our jobs, pack everything up and without a job moved. In retrospect it was a year of learning who I was, what was important to me and who I could rely on! In alot of ways it was necessary in my personal growth but also made me who I am today!


5 Thing's on "Today's To Do" List:
1.) COFFEE~ This is a MUST!! I am seriously addicted to coffee and it is the last thing I do at night before I go to bed...set up the coffee pot for in the morning! I LOVE walking in the kitchen in the morning and just hitting that "on" button, turning on the morning news and vegging on the couch with my first cup of coffee!! I Love it hot, cold, flavored or unflavored!! I'm addicted to the sugar free fat free Vanilla flavoring at the moment!! Even Josh use to take a sippe cup to daycare with coffee in it when he was 3 yo!! ( yes, the peditriction said it was ok!!)*** DONE***


2.) Clean, clean and clean~ I use to be really OCD about cleaning and after I started having kids I did chill a bit about it but now that they are old enough to clean I seem to be going back to my old OCD ways. I HATE for stuff to be cluttered on my counter tops, tables or anywhere's to be honest!! When we first started dating the Hulk would come over and would do things to just drive me nuts, for example..... turning one place mat on the table upside downs or crooked... leave a cabinet door open half way in the kitchen or turn my picture frames upside down!! He knew this would drive me CRAZY!! Still does but now I am so tired I am not so anal about it and then too now I can delegate " jobs" to the kids!! It seems that Rebecca is "just like me"...you should see her closet!! Anyone else have an 8 y.o. who lines up all there shoes in a perfect row??? Her idea of fun is cleaning and rearranging all her dresser drawers!!! She is going to drive some "lucky guy" CRAZY when she is older......LOL ***DONE***

3.) Watch "The Bachelorette" ~ I hate to admit this but I am SO addicted to this show!! I loved "The Bachelor" and have watched each and everyone!! For the record I think Deanna made a mistake by not picking Jason, but you could tell she was VERY happy with Jesse! In the end that's all that matters!! I love romantic shows, comedy's and books!! ***DONE***


4.) Finish my book~ I LOVE to read books!! I read alot of Nora Roberts, Danielle Steele and Sandra Brown to name a few, but enjoy true crime and biography's as well!! Currently I am reading the third and last book in a trilogy by Nora Roberts called "Key of Valor"!! Prior to Hurricane Katrina I had every book written by Sandra Brown, unfortunately I lost most of my books and I am in the process of "rebuilding my library". The Hulk built me 2 HUGE bookcases in my den on both sides of the fireplace and they are most definitely my most prized posses ions!! They are so beautiful!! I just love them! ***I will do this before bed***


5.) Go Tan~ I needed to go tan today. I haven't been in a couple weeks due to just plain being busy. We leave for vacation in two weeks and I have committed myself to go daily before we leave because (a.) tan people looks skinner (b.) I do not want to go to Florida, get a bad burn and be miserable for a whole week (c.) I don't want to look like the honky white girl on the beach..Yuck!! ***DONE***


Snacks I enjoy:
Anything with SUGAR...... I hate to admit this but I LOVE cookies, cakes, pastries and donuts!! I have had to almost give up all of them for the most part. I find that even if I have a little bit of sugar ( example..one cookie) then I want more and more!! So basically if I can just not even have one it makes it just so much easier to resist!! I even try to stay away from those 100 calorie packs!!

Now for healthy snacks I LOVE the de luce vanilla pudding and fresh fruit especially fresh pineapple!! YUMMY!!!

Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
First thing I would do is QUIT my job and travel! I have always wanted to go a cruise to the Mediterranean Sea and see places like Italy, France and Spain. I would love to own one of those villa's and sit on the balcony and drink wine as I watch the sun set on the ocean!! Awwww beautiful!!
Secondly I would help out my family rather it be pay off all their bills or buy them things they have never been able to afford. Even give some money to charities and such!
Lastly I would invest and build a great portfolio for my children so they would never have to worry!! And of coarse I would make sure the EX hubby NEVER got a penny!! LOL ;-P

If you have not been tagged then please consider yourself TAGGED!!!
{{HUGS}}
Colette

5 comments:

tallmama said...

Feel like being tagged again? I have so few friends so i'm tagging YOU!

MtngirlinCali said...

Is it horrible to add that I tagged you yesterday, too? (But forgot to tell you!!!)

:)

Michelle said...

Sugar is addicting that way. We need a 12-step Sugar Anonymous group :) We'll need pics of that tan body when you get back!

Ro said...

Great post....
If your not busy can you bring some of that OCD'''ness to my house..lol.
have a great day.

BTW thanks for checking on my mom..she is back home and getting better. She is still unable to swallow but working on that everyday.

Amanda said...

I love it that your daughter has the OCD too! I HATE clutter on my counter tops. Drives me batty! DH gets a corner of the counter and I leave it alone until a certain deadline and then if it's still there I pile it all up in his office! I hate clutter!!! Oh and leaving the cabinet door open halfways! Hate that too!

Your head would probably explode if you walked in my mother-in-law's house! ;)