Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Do you love food more than you love yourself?"

OMG... I wanna start off by saying I LOVE the new year!! I don't know why but I feel refreshed, invigorated and renewed!! Corney huh? But true! Don't get me wrong I love the holidays but this year I was never so glad that they were over, because I was up 10 lbs from thanksgiving. Know what I mean? Hell, I even tried to jump back on plan the day after Christmas!!


Granted I didn't really stick to it hard core but I made BIG strides. Know how?
I threw out all of the bad stuff.... the cookies, candies, and all the NON CORE left overs the day after CHRISTMAS!! Then a couple days later I grabbed up some discounted garb on sale for working out and walking (even though I wasn't back to walking yet) Then I started working on getting my water in...I had been slacking on that. Honestly it took me about 1 week of getting myself mentally prepared and changing a little bit each day to start back on plan at 100%.

Wanna know what the scale said this morning after a week of being on plan? DOWN 3.5 LBS! Let me be the first to say FRICKING awesome!! I stuck to my plan even on New Years Eve!! I have walked faithfully and even been mixing it up a bit with some jogging. Then I read something another blogger wrote that just really made me think.........

"Looking back on this year, it really hasn't been a great one. I've lost contact with people
that I really loved and lost love for myself. I used to be a fun girl who was up for anything regardless of her weight.. now I love food more than I really love myself. I have
no self respect, no self love. I expect to find love.. but I don't even love myself. Maybe I just forgot what it feels like to be happy with myself, to be satisfied with who I am not what I am. Or maybe I'm just lost." .

Wow. How can you read this and not think to yourself..."Do I love food more than I love myself?" I can honestly say I didn't hesitate a minute to say NO!! I deserve so much more than what I have allowed myself to have in the past. I deserve to be healthy, happy and hot!! LOL.

Yeah, I know I am not perfect but damn it I refuse to give up, give in or fall because I do LOVE myself more than I do the food!! I do have self respect, I do think my kids deserve the best mom I can give them. I want to see my first grandchild handed to me when its minutes old. Life has so much to offer us if we would just let it!!

I will reach my goal this year...this I do know. I am hoping by doing this I will have learned a new way of living and eating. I do think once I reach my goal it won't be over....mantence will be a forever learning experience I am sure. But that's ok...I am on my way and thats what counts!!

Don't give up. If you have fallen off the wagon then do one thing to get back on track today. Then tomorrow do one more thing and so on. Before you know it you will be back at it 100% But more importantly ask yourself.... "Do you love food more than you love yourself?"




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your posts! you're totally one of my fav bloggers to read :) i think it's a great question to ask ourselves- Do I love food more than I love myself? Because truth being- I think all of us truly struggling with losing weight can say at one time or another, yes I loved food more than myself. Maybe that's just me? Anyhoo... I too feel super refreshed and motivated all over again. I despise resolutions, but i love that this is the time of year everyone is so positive and motivated to make changes. :)

Happy Monday!

tallmama said...

Hey! Good post... I think i'll be reading you lots for inspiration. I think i'm going to count points till all our so-so food is gone then give core a try... do you have some good sites for core stuff?

Amanda said...

You are so right!!!! I'm so glad you feel renewed and refreshed. I'm still waiting on that feeling. LOL!! :)

Those 10# will be gone in NO time!

Tony said...

I'm so relieved that the holidays are over. I've never thought about the whole loving food more than I love myself. I think I did before, but not so much anymore. That is some great food for thought! Great job getting back on track. Those additional 6.5 pounds will come off in no time.

Candace MacPherson said...

Hey Colette - LOL at 'baby poop' chocolate. Although I must admit, if it was mint flavoured baby poop I may still have issues rejecting it...

Way to go on the loss. What's your next goal? Not the big one - just your next one? I always liked to have goals that were obtainable within 5-8 weeks.