"Start living it today!"
This is what my fortune cookie said tonight. And it reminded me about a "conversation" I had with myself in my head the other day. (yeah I do it too..lol)
Colette: "Hmm...I would really like to go try that Elizabeth Arden make up that so
and so told me about at Dillards."
Skinny girl inside: "Well that foundation you want is $32.00!! That's alot of money to
spend."
Colette: "I bet my complexion would look way better and you might not be able to see my freckles as much with the Flawless Finish cream."
Skinny girl inside: "Umm your FAT, nobody is going to notice your make up anyways."
Colette: "Yeah, I guess your right and that is alot to spend on myself."
Skinny girl inside: "Besides that's something you should to get when you make goal. Then people will notice!"
So this was the conversation I was having in my head the other day and in the end I kinda set it on the back burner so to speak and forgot about it until tonight. Then, when I read my fortune I thought...ahhhh haaaa... "Why Wait?"
Don't get me wrong I think goals and rewards are great but why wait until we have say ....lost that 100 lbs to do something that will make us feel better? Why Wait?
* Maybe it's a sassy new hair cut we always wanted to try but because we were over weight we decided to wait until we lost the weight first because it might make us look "bigger."
* Maybe it was trying a new style of clothing but didn't because we didn't want to look ridiculous because we were over weight.
* Maybe it was trying something new like a hobby or a gym class like Spinning. But never did because we didn't want to be embarrassed because if we weren't good at it somebody might notice.
So I decided tonight that enough was enough! I am not going to be invisible in this world to make others feel comfortable just because I am over weight. I shouldn't have to feel like I am not "worth" it when it comes to my own happiness! Yes, I do feel like life has passed me by for so many years and honestly I am ready to start living it today!!
Who knows maybe that $32.00 foundation might just make me feel like a million dollars and give me the incentive and motivation I need today to stay on plan today. So what if nobody notices! All that matters is that I like it, besides isn't this what our journey here is about? Loving ourselves enough to want the best for us? Living life to the fullest no matter where we are on the scale? Are you just letting life pass you by? Or are you really living it?
Hmm.... I see a trip to the mall this weekend. Someone told me about this foundation by Elizabeth Arden and I think I am just gonna have to try it!! ;-)
{{{Hugs}}}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a bang-on post!
I had this conversation, too. I decided that I wasn't going to wait until....either. Life is now. The first thing I did was get my haircut and highlighted.
The second thing was getting corrective eye surgery. My next project is laser hair removal :)
Yesterday I went out and bought some much needed new clothing and a new purse.
And you know? I did feel better right away for taking care of myself NOW. We're here and worth it NOW.
I hope you really do go out and get that makeup! You'll feel spoiled and wonderful as you should :)
This post is a great reminder to us all to take care of ourselves no matter what weight we are (cause isn't THAT ridiculous!) today.
Like Sheryl Crow said, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."
I agree with you - you should buy that foundation. Have fun with yourself.
Atta girl!
Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one who has those conversations with herself! You make me feel so 'normal!' LOL!! :)
Anyway...I agree 100%! We are worth it NOW! You will feel like a million bucks!
You know, I am a firm believer that if we feel good about ourselves (make-up included) then we are more willing to do good things for our bodies such as diet and exercise. It is all a circle. Good & bad and it is how we handle it that matters. Sounds like you are doing great taking care of yourself!
I agree that you must start taking care of yourself now. We all need to. We are living in the "today" - not "tomorrow". So, today this is what we weigh. we can still celebrate it. Great post! Got me thinking too!
I hope you got that make-up Colette, but I think you got the names on the conversation wrong. 'Skinny girl inside' is not skinny at all. She's the fat girl that is trying to keep you down hunny.
You need to replace her with some phat girl thinking (pretty hot and tempting). And the phat girl - she's in all of us fighting to get out. She's the one that says "You're gorgeous and deserve the best." Looks like you've taken a step in the right direction. Listen to her more often - because you're worth it.
As usual you hit the nail on the head! Why wait? I think we think we'll be more deserving when we're "thin". Right. We'll be just as deserving then as we are now!
Shut up! I was feeling guilty about getting a foundation that is $15??? After this post, your $32 foundation makes it ok for me to buy the one that is $15. LOL... Thanks!
XX
Post a Comment