Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Chocolate Bliss Bites"


The other day I got a "Prevention" magazine in the mail and on the back cover was this recipe for some chocolate cookies. I will admit I really don't like chocolate, but these looked so good and after I read the following I knew I just had to try them.

"These sinfully delicious cookies have a rich chocolate flavor- yet are low in carbs, have ZERO fat, and contain only 25 calories each. In fact, you could eat ten of them and still not equal the calories in one piece of chocolate cake!"

OMG...all I can say is they are AWESOME!! Tasted sorta like between a brownie bite and a cookie!! I definitely loved the fact they were 25 calories EACH and Zero fat!! Hello?????

Now that my kind of cookie....lol Here is the recipe.... you HAVE to try them!!

Chocolate Bliss Bites
1/2 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 C. Sugar, divided
3 lg. Egg Whites
1/8 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Confectioners' Sugar

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.

In small bow, sift together cocoa, salt and 1/4 C. sugar.

In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-low speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining 1/4 C. sugar, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, until meringue is glossy and stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa mixture and vanilla extract.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 25 mins. for soft, chewy cookies or 40 mins. for crisp ones. Dust cooled cookies with confectioners' sugar.

Makes 24 cookies.Per cookie: 25 cal, 1g pro, 6 gr carb, 0g sat fat, 0mg chol, 0.5g fiber, 13mg sodium.

I cooked mine for the 25 minutes and they were perfect!! Nice and chewy...perfect with a glass of skim milk!! Yumm!!

Ok so yes I am back. Sorry but I have been super busy but I will give you guys the short version of what's been going on here lately.
* Yes, I am still on plan. The scale said 201 SOMETHING this morning!! Me and my scale finally made a pack....If I behave then he WILL behave! Nice huh? :-)
* Tuesday was my 42nd Birthday!! Yeah, I do have to say I feel much better than when I turned 40...humm go figure!! Losing 50 pounds makes a big difference! :-)
* I am SO into a book called Twilight right now by Stephanie Meyers!! Is anyone else reading it? Humm...maybe the better question would be who is NOT reading it? LOL.... I think 8 people at my work has read all 4 of her books and even one of the nurses grandson who is 10 is reading it!!
Hehe.. I am a big reader and was actually in the middle of a trilogy by Nora Roberts, but my boss gave me Twilight and said read it....well now I have to read the whole series before I go back to the other 2 books in my trilogy... UGHHHH.... :-)
* Work is busy as shit due to it being the beginning of the year! I have 21 nurses that I am responsible for getting them credentialed at various hospitals so they can preform dialysis on our patients. Needless to say all 10 hospitals want updated packets on all of my nurses!! Ughhhh Did I mention each packet is like 30-40 pages of info I have to collect, copy and send on EACH employee. Wait and better yet I only get 2 days a week to do this, because the other 3 days I am working in a clinic for another boss!! Ughhh. I love my Job!! :-)
* I did get the foundation that I told you guys about BUT I had to order it online. Dillards was out of it and I am still waiting for it to come in. :-)
Well I am off to go read. I hope everyone has a great week. I will definitely be back later this week to post another recipe I love called "King Ranch Chicken Casserole". It's a great Mexican dish and at 4 points a serving what's not to love?
{{{HUGS}}}}

6 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

love that book! I loved the first 3. The last one...was okay but still good. Enjoy them!
Oh, and thanks for the recipe! I will def have to try them out!

Anonymous said...

I thought that I was the only one in the world that didn't like chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I will eat the heck out of it but it is not a big deal to me. Great looking recipe though

Candace MacPherson said...

I love chocolate too much to read your blog today. That bad:(
Hope you're doing great - take care.

Anonymous said...

How can you NOT like chocolate? OMG @ so happy that this recipe brought you to reality that you REALLY do like chocolate. LOL
XX

Anonymous said...

PS... you get a lot of comments about you looking like Joy from The View?
XX

Anonymous said...

yep

Im officially the last person on earth to neither read the book nor see the movie TWILIGHT!