Sunday, June 14, 2009

I still suck...but less!!

Ok just a quick update. I was up to 217.8 I think it was 2 weeks ago and really feeling like shit. I finally decided enough is enough!! I mean really! Who do I have to blame but myself!! Right?
Well I am glad to say I was down a couple pounds last week and today I was 212!! Yeah that's like almost 6 pounds in 2 weeks!! Pretty good if I must say so myself!! Umm just show's you that counting points really does work.

I went to Walmart this morning and loaded up for the week. Last night I sat down and went through all my recipes and decided what I wanted to cook today for the week. Made my list and it the store!!! I made some great standbys like Amanda's Creamy Lasagna and my King Ranch Casserole....oh and did I mention some wonderful FF 2 point blueberry muffins!! It's a mix I came across and I just love them... but just in moderation!!

Friday night Stephen took me to Olive Garden and I was so proud of myself because I STUCK TO MY PLAN!! Woooohoooo.. this is like UNHEARD of!! ;-) I had made up my mind ahead of time that I was going to have the Venetian Apricot Chicken with broccoli and asparagus, Pasta e Fagioli soup and peach tea!! Oh and I did have ONE BREAD STICK!! Woohooo!! Now if you knew me you would be thinking...Is this really Colette? So of coarse I went to the site and they FINALLY have the nutritional info on the website and I did GREAT!! My whole meal was 660 calories and 9 grams of fat!! ;-)

Stephen had 2 bowls of salad, 4 bread sticks, Lasagna Fritta (appetizer) and a chicken Alfredo pizza... wanna guess how much his was?????? 3,510 calories and 167 grams of fat!!! Can you say F@%&!!!!! Damn I would have never dreamed!! But I will say this....Olive Garden is Damn good in my book!! I always love going there and I use to get the chicken Alfredo but now....NO WAY!! Not after I saw the numbers for it!! LOL....

I have been going to the gym as much as possible! Some of you know that I have a 14 yo who is in drug court and is required to attend class and /or court 4 nights a week. I am required to attend 2 nights also. Between running him here, there and every where's I feel like my life is just one big blur each week. Thank God I have my mom close by. She has been a god send taking Josh to class's and watching my daughter Rebecca! Honestly I don't think I would be sane without her!! LOL

So other than being busy as shit, working my tail off, trying to keep my kid's full ( damn kids are eating me out of house and home this summer) and trying to get my groove back with the weight loss thing I must say...life is good, or as good as it's going to get I guess!!

My daughter Rebecca (9 yo) is off to Universal Studio in Florida on Friday for a week. She is going with her best friend and her family. This will be the first time she will be gone for so long away from me! My mom took her to my grandmother's once in Fl and she was homesick by the 2nd or 3rd day. So this should be interesting!! :-(
Then she is suppose to go to her grandparents in Pa. for a month!! I don't know about that.... I guess this one week will be a test of sorts! Who knows!! Well hope all is well with you and your doing good on your plan!
Night...
Colette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed your blog!!! I hope you're gonna stick around and keep writing! Congrats on getting back on track! I plan on starting back to all of it when I come back from vacay (because lets face it- vacations? isnt a great start to trying to be healthy again). Keep up the great work!

-formerly EmmaElizabeth

Ro said...

I am so happy your back...armed with a plan and motivation. Now lets kick your ass in gear!
I soooo missed your blogs!

Blooming Orchid said...

Atta girl! You are clearly on a roll - keep it up! I've had the Apricot Chicken at Olive's and it's great.

I'll be rooting for you! Keep up the great work!