Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I WAS the fat girl!! Part Deaux...Updated

Ok here is the picture I told you girls about. I was 20 y.o here in 1987. There is no excuse for letting myself get this big!! I never want to be this person again....I looked happy but I was totally miserable inside. sad huh?
Here is a picture of me from January 2006, I was in the mist of my year long rebuild thanks to hurricane Katrina. I was still fat and miserable as you can imagine.











Ok here is a great one of my stomach taken on the same day....errr. This is me and my 25 y.o. b/f ;-) .... we have been together for 5 years so he has seen me gain and lose. He tells me he loves me no matter what I look like. Its bad enough that I am 15 YEARS older than him, but I don't have to be FAT and 15 years older?? I think he is a hottie btw!!!





Here are a couple of recent ones taken in the last month or so. They are just head shots. For some reason I have become " camera shy". I suppose I finally realized how fat I had become. I will get the "hottie" to take a couple of full body shots next time he comes over.









Have a great day everyone,

Colette D

14 comments:

Janet said...

I'm actually sorta looking forward to the day when I can go back and look at pictures of 20 year old me and go "Wow...I'm sure glad I don't look like THAT anymore."

You've done a great job. Keep it up! We're all proud of you!

BB said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Look at the progress you've made-which is great! You look pretty no matter what the size. Lucky you to have such a supportive boyfriend too.

Thanks for help on the ticker thing-I just haven't messed with it much yet.

BB

Amanda said...

Your face really shows your loss. You are doing great!! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you can really see the difference in the last couple of pics! It is nice to be able to see how far you have come. Great job :)

Jo said...

Definitely can see a difference and the genuine happines shows in the recent photos, shy or not. Congratulations to you on your achievemints and finding someone supportive. *8)

Unknown said...

You look awesome!! I have some horrid before photos too - hold on to them cause they only become more fun!! By the way - I love your hairstyle and you're right - your guy is a cutie - CONGRATS on all fronts!!

WeightBGone said...

You look fantastic!! I can definitely see the difference in the pics. You are right the boyfriend is a hottie! Congrats on your weight loss. :)

Colette said...

Thank you everyone....as awful as I feel those pictures look I am very proud that I am doing something positive to change how I look. I realize that it took years to add the weight and will take a while to lose it too. BUMMER!

I do feel blessed to have Stephen in my life...hopefully I will be able to keep up with him as I get older. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the photos. And all I can say is ditto to everyone elses comments!! ;-)

lilcatmama said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Youre looking great! trust me my pics from when I was 20 are some of my heaviest!!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

My mom has that pix of me (you know, of the chubby little girl) at home. I should ask her to dig it up and post it on my blog.

You can definitely tell in your face...

MMalloy said...

Look at how slim your face has become! Awesome progression pictures! Keep up the good work!

dizzydazey said...

You're lookin so good! But, you know, even in your before pictures you're pretty! No wonder you have a hottie! ;o)

Keep up the good work! I'm so proud of you!!

Colette said...

Thanks Mandy... Stephen took that picture of me with his camera last week and finally sent it to me last night! Yippie..

Oh, I also told him I want him to take some full length body shots of me this weekend when he comes over and he was like " NO WAY, You will use them to pimp on guys on the net and will send the pics to them"....ROTFLMAO!!!

I lost my "pimping " skills YEARS ago..haha ;-) He finally said he would take the pics...*rolls her eyes and huffs " MEN"!!!!