Thursday, June 28, 2007

You have to see this.......

Hey guys think its hard to lose 30...40... or maybe 50 plus pounds? I am guilty just as much as everyone else thinking ...."Errrr.....I will never make goal weight"

But what if you have to lose 400 PLUS POUNDS? I found this last night surfing the web and had to pass it along. Amazing does not began to describe this guy named David.... http://blogatu.blogspot.com/2007/06/david-smith-lost-401-pounds-in-4-years.html

What amazing transformation!! He did it WITHOUT diet pills or surgery, but by dieting and exercing for 4 years! I hope he inspires you as much as he does me...heck I added him to my favorites so when I need a lift I can go back and look at his pics again!!

PS: Caution there is a pic of during his surgery and a couple post op. Not bad in my option but hell I work for doctors and love the blood and guts thing.... Just an FYI!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a transformation! Was not ready for the surgery pics :0 but his story is a true inspiration! Makes my 60 lbs seem like nothing!! Thanks for the link :)

WeightBGone said...

Wow, that is amazing and truly an inspiration. Thanks for sharing the link!! I saved it in my fav places also to reflect back on during those difficult days. Hope your day is wonderful!!!

Swizzlepop said...

OMG that is crazy amazing. Just goes to show that IT CAN be done. Good for him! Thanks for posting.

BB said...

I was just wondering when he would have surgery and then (yikes!) there were the photos. He does look great now. He is inspiring.

Colette said...

I agree.... Can you just imagine how his life has changed? I know what its like to be fat... to be preceived as lazy or unhealthy, to have a man watch me coming towards a door and NOT hold it for me!!

My heart goes out to this man because you know he had to be miserable inside as well as outside. We are are worth being loved and deserve the quality of life that being HEALTHY and Happy brings.

And getting off subject here for a second... "I'd do HIM"...lol He is hot!! shhhhh...ok nobody tell my b/f that last comment!!

My BAD...hehehe

Janet said...

LOL, Colette... I think I'd have to agree with you.. he is rather good looking! (ok, my friends say that I'm maybe a little too exclusive with my use of "hot") It's amazing how losing weight can change appearances so much!

What's ironic, is I think my roommate may have watched one of the airings of his surgery... I didn't stick around, but watched maybe five minutes of it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is just incredible!

lilcatmama said...

Well I can't view the article it says "access forbidden" and I am not sure why :(

It sounds inspiring though! So thanks for sharing!!!!

Anonymous said...

You don't know how proud I am of Colette and her success already shown. Glad she is an inspiration to so many.

MtngirlinCali said...

Just had to write and tell you how hilarious your post was! Way to put the heinous table in perspective. :) Glad we're all in this together.