Ok I am still on my super duper high because of my morning weigh in. I was thinking today that I am really not losing enough nor am I losing it fast enough but, then I got to thinking and did the math. This week I lost 2.4, week before that I lost 1.2...ok so for the last 2 weeks I lost a total of 3.6 lbs right??? Hell what is my PROBLEM? I KNOW what my problem is I think too DAMN much..LOL. Ok, so what I am saying is on "average" I lost almost 2 pounds each week. WW recommends losing only a pound or 2 each week right? So why was I beating myself up because I had "only" lost a total of 3.6 pounds??
I have lost the correct amount of weight, in the correct time frame, in order to have LONG TERM SUCCESS!! Isn't that what its about? Ok Ladies, this is for you... STOP BEATING YOURSELVES UP! If you only lost a half a pound this week....then celebrate!! We are doing it the healthy way, we are not on fad diets which don't work, and we are learning about proper nutrition and in the end we will lose this weight!! All of us.
I made a wonderful chicken recipe tonight all because I was craving sauteed onions!! Yummy. There is a great Mexican restaurant here in town and each time I go I order a side of grilled onions to put on my chicken quesadilla. Anyways I cut up half an onion into big slices and in a non stick pan added one tablespoon of Olive Oil ( 1 pt) then on medium heat I added the onions, then sprinkled McCormick's Season All Season Salt liberally on the onions and covered til done. Stirring several times. I like my onions a little soft but not cooked to brown, so the lid helps speed the cooking process. Then I took some boneless, skinless chicken breast and sprinkled a packet of Taco seasoning on them, coating both sides. I grilled the chicken on my George Foreman type of grill as I made a packet of Lipton Spanish Rice and steamed some veggies in the microwave. I have to admit that was one dam good meal. The chicken was tender and juicy and I LOVED the flavor of the onions that I served on top of my chicken. I'm just glad I had left overs for LUNCH!! wooho. Oh the kids loved it too, and that's a BIG plus around here!!

A friend at work brought some Edamane for me to try since I had never heard of it. It was delish so I bought some and can't wait to try it as well. Well I am off to bed. I hope everyone have a great day tomorrow.

15 comments:
Well holy crap I've had a hard time trying to post a comment here. So, for now I think I'll stay where I'm at on the blog. I feel like I'm closer the last week to everyone too. Guess I'll just see how it goes.
Your chicken recipe sounds yummy-making me hungry ;) Tell me how you like your George Foreman grill because I was thinking of buying one.
Thanks :)
LOL, My husband was wondering what was up the week before last. I think I fried onions every night for over a week before backing off. What a great way to get in those oil requirements.
What is Edemene?
Cheers,
I can't decide where to keep my blog either. I really enjoy the small community that has connected here. I can only keep up one blog with my work schedule so I will have to play around and see what I want to do.
I am with you Collette. I feel closer to everyone through blogger. There are SO MANY blogs at the community and I just can't read that much!! Here, I have my favorites book marked and put on google reader so I know when they update. It's hard to decide. For now I will post a link on one or the other. Today it was the community. :)
The sauted onions and chicken sound really really good!
For now I think I'm staying here on blogger--its easier to customize. we have a good list of people on here too, don't we?
Have a great 4th!
Yes I agree. I LOVE this site more and your right about it being easier...We can always pop in and post on there site too. For me its less stress here...which is definately what I need now.
Hey thanks for the info on the George Foreman grill. It sounds like I need one! I've heard that the ones with the removable trays to clean are the ones to get? Thoughts?
Edamine (sp?) is really good. They have a dried version I've tried
BB- go to this link. This is the exact grill I have at home. Its 44.00 on this site but I think I paid about 35.00 at Walmart. I LOVE THIS GRILL, and so will you.
http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=00327827&RankThis=Y&Searched=hamilton%20beach%20indoor%20grill&
MMmmmm I love sauteed onions. :) Sounds like a great recipe I am gonna try it. I also like being on blogger so I will stay here too but check in on the other site from time to time. Have yourself a great 4th!!!
You really are doing awesome... I'm glad you've realized that! LOVE the dinner idea (of course, it is still pre-weigh in for me tonight and so I'm starved, so food in general sounds good)... Good luck over the 4th!!
Hey! Congrats on our loss! I don't know what to do either. I like my new blog, but miss my old blog. I did like the opportunity to create new pages on my old blog... hmmm I don't know!
I'm new to blogging. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Thanks for the Edamane link. I will see if the groceries in my neck of the woods carry it.
You had 13 comments, and I just couldn't let it stay there.
I live in a rural community and wouldn't lug frozen foods home in the summer from the city. The stores out our way won't stock stuff unless there's a good turnover (can't blame them), so I'd be surprised if I Edamane out there. On the other hand, I work in the city and may get some to store at work. I do like soy beans - we're a big soy family as my oldest is allergic to dairy (not lactose intollerant, simply allergic to the whole thing). She is also allergic to corn and salt-water fish and thinks the whole thing is so unfair as these are some of her favourite foods. We have always tried to accomodate her and not have the allergens in the house, but it is hard. Now my youngest is banned from some foods while awaiting on the local Children's Hospital to get her in for fillings (7 cavities - ugh), and I'm trying to avoid certain trigger foods for weight loss. Poor hubby does most of the cooking and it's like a landmine in the kitchen trying to take care of the three of us, lol.
Thanks Colette...I can't wait to get that grill. I think I'll get it on payday Friday :)
Post a Comment