Monday, July 23, 2007

Brownies, Carbs and Sex...oh MY!!!

Today was weigh in and I gained 1 POUND!! Errrr..Ok I feel better with it now being said. Its weird but today I feel ok with it. I suppose I have gotten use to the fact that it’s going to happen and guess what? I am NOT perfect…LOL Yes I know this comes as a shock to all of you! Haha.. JUST KIDDING! If I was perfect I would have never gotten over weight…right?

I do have to say I had a great weekend. Dinner Friday night was amazing and so was the movie * wink! I told the bf that was the BEST movie I had seen in 3 YEARS!! Haha and I don’t even know how it ended!! Well, actually I do know it ended for me….LMAO but I will spare you the details!!

I felt sluggish all weekend and really don’t know what to relate it to. I did eat as much fruit and veggies possible but again I did not drink enough water. I am going to have to up with a way to get my water in on the weekends too. Don’t you hate the few days right before payday… well I do! This is usually a hard spot for me nutritionally due to being out of everything! Last week I did buy several can fruits and veggies since I knew I would be out of fresh fruit by then too! Oh well in a way I do like those days before payday too because I usually end up cleaning out the freezer and eating the odds and ends that I neglect way too often! So this week’s food log and points should be interesting to say the least. As I blogged about last week I am going to limit my carbs and eat my AP’s I am thinking this will help me lose more. Oh speaking of carbs, did you know carrots have carbs???? Hell I had no clue. I thought of things like bread, crackers, muffins, rice, pasta and etc…but carrots? Last night when I was making a salad the bf was looking at the package the carrots came in and said carrots were high in carbs. I was like yeah right and honestly didn’t believe him. I thought he was puling my leg but I went to http://www.nutrition.com/ and looked up baby carrots raw and OMG they are 92% Carbs on the Caloric Ratio Pyramid!

Here is the good and the bad about those carrots:
The Good...This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Manganese.
The Bad..A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars.
See that is why I LOVE that site, and boy do I have lots to learn about the foods I put in my body!

Oh I made the most amazing brownies this weekend too. I found this recipe on the net at someone else’s site for “Black Bean Brownies” They were super easy to make and very yummy. All you need is a box of Brownie mix and a can (15 oz I think) of Black beans. * do not use the seasoned ones* . Then all you do is open your beans and pour beans and juice they come into the blender and then add about ½ cup of water. Blend on high to liquefy. Put brownie mix in a large mixing bowl and add the bean mixture. ( sounds gross I know but its AMAZING…really) Then mix well. Use a 9x13 glass baking dish and spray well with Pam and pour brownie mixture in the dish and bake according to directions on the box. *note…the box may say to add eggs, oil and etc but don’t! You should use just the dry mix and the bean mixture. I made these and didn’t tell anyone that they had beans in them because my b/f will not eat ANY cooked veggies AT ALL! Very Picky…way worse than my kids! Anyways after the brownies cooled I sifted some power sugar on top to make them pretty. Here’s the breakdown on the nutritional aspect of them:

Makes 12 brownies at 1 pt each
Calories: 43
Fat: 1
Fiber: 2

Damn good in my book! Now of coarse one of those brownies are 66% carbs so I suppose I won’t be eating much of them either…Actually the family ate most of the brownies the first day!! You should have seen the b/f‘s face when I finally told him after he ate 4 of them what was in them…...LMAO!!! It was funny because before I told him what was in them I asked him if he would eat them again and he said yes…..I even said even if they are WW DIET brownies… and he said yes, they were very good!!! So of coarse after I told him what was in them he said…” oh, now I have the aftertaste of black beans in my mouth!...ROTFLMAO……he is such a PUSS!!! Haha….

Oh well they just brought lunch…thanks to the Viagra Rep!! Wooohoo and its healthy too for a change. Baked Snapper, streamed Veggies, salad, bread and cookies!! YUMMM Ok now I am off to see how many points are in the baked snapper. Have a great day everyone.

13 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

Have a great day Colette.
What Brownie mix did you use?

Colette said...

Actually I used a store brand from Winn Dixie. It was like $1.29 box!! But the brownies tasted sooooooooo good!

Unknown said...

Good lord!! Sex, sex, sex - I took my dad to Sam's Club the other day - he is 52 and single - GOD his ex is a super freaky bitch - geez!! Anyway, so I had to pee.....as ALWAYS and when I come out he is holding a giant 72 count box of condoms to which he says - this box would last me the rest of my life - heck I could probably will you 70 of them when I die!! Poor guy - he hasn't seen a movie in years!!! Okay why the hell do I know that about my dad??? ewwwwwww

The Price's Wife said...

You're a crack up... Yah the weeks where we gain SUCK, but we all have them so don't let it get you down! Baked snapper?? Isn't that on your BF's menu tonight???

Colette said...

Ohhhhh,,, and it was RED snapper too Diet Coke!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Im scared of that!!! LOL

BB said...

You know I feel your gain pain---hmmm new phrase? So we will just stay OP and keep going. I'm going to exercise tonight--which will shock my body! The brownies sound gross--don't know if I'm up for that one yet-LOL!

Colette said...

Is everyone else getting those SPAM messages from knicksgrl0917??? With the following message?
"hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here __________" ? errrrr I hate that bitch. She hits my site DAILY!! Ok I enabled the word verification now, i know it sucks but this is driving me insane!!

Anonymous said...

I have heard mixed reviews about those brownies. SO, you really liked them? And no, I have not gotten any spam....guess they have not found me yet!

The Price's Wife said...

I got spam... I hate her too.

Colette said...

whew....good I thought she was just picking on the redheaded step child!! LOL.

WeightBGone said...

LOL You crack me up!! It sux big time when you have a gain especially after all that exercise while engaging in wild sex. :) I'm sure by next week you will have it off. We all need to splurge now and then. I havent gotten any spam yet I feel unwanted. LMAO Have a good one!

Colette said...

lol@ weightbgone...Hell I got it EVERYDAY...I was beganning to think I had a new BEST FRIEND!! Oh and I bet that Biotch was skinny too....errrrrrrrr...LOL

Sarah in AZ said...

Hey, right there with ya babe. I skipped the W/I this week,I've been off points and stressed out.
Get back on track and you will recoup, I know it.