Friday, August 10, 2007

First Day of School...Waaaaa!!

Today is the first day of school here and I could not be happier! Now maybe my electric bill will go down!! My son Joshua who is 12 was home this summer and he has a bad habit of sitting on the computer ALL day if you let him but...he would turn the A/C down to 70ish and would walk around ALL day in his comforter! He looked like Gandhi...LOL!! Drove me nuts I tell ya! Then he ate me out of house and home!! This is the kid that use to eat nothing all day!! Gawd he is growing up so fast and changing so much!
I took him to orientation at the Jr High the other night and when they told the kids who were starting this year to go with all the Cheerleaders for a tour I almost burst into tears when I seen him get up and walk way with all the other kids...It hit me he was growing up and I felt like he was "leaving me". I guess milestones like starting Jr. High school make us emotional and teary. Hell I called the school the other day and talk to one of the sectary's to get a bus schedule for him and I ended up bawling on the phone with her?? She said "Oh, Honey you just wait...these 2 years will be gone before you know it and next he will be starting high school!" I just can't comprehend that at all!! Gawd now I am bawling again...SHIT!!
This year is going to be a big change for him and me. First off for the last 3 years he has walked to school because we live a couple blocks away from the middle school but this year he will have to ride a bus to Jr High. Also he has to be at the bus stop at 6:30 am? WTF? Yep, school starts at 7:30 here for him...last year he left the house at 8:00 to walk to school! He got up at 6:00 jumped in the shower, got dressed and I made him some coffee and handed him a Go Tart on his way out the door. I walked him out the door and told him " Have a great day, don't forget to buy your lunch tickets first thing when you get to school and I LOVE you!" He said " Ok, Thanks Mom!" :)
Then of coarse a lil later I snuck down to the end of the street to be sure he made it to the bus stop 1 block away! He had...so I stood there and waited. He must have brushed his hair down a million times while waiting on the bus..I guess he is as nervous as I was to see him go! Then of coarse ALL of my damn neighbors start leaving to go to work and here I am standing on the damn street corner in my short white terry cloth robe, leopard print fuzzy slippers and my hair looks like Medusa!!! Gawd...I didn't think everyone left so early!! ARGGGGGG! So here I am looking like shit..waving Hi to everyone because they are waving and tooting as they pass on their way to work and as I turned to walk back down to the house I realize I have HOT PINK DRAWERS on and yes you can see them CLEAR AS DAY through that damn white robe!!! GAWDDDDDD!!! I wanna die now!!
My daughter Rebecca 7 yo jumped up out of bed this morning and came running in the kitchen and hugged me! She said "YEAHHHH Today I get to go back to school...wooohooo!! OMG she is TOO happy at 6:30..LOL. So she bounces back to her room to get ready to go and starts telling me at 7:00 is it time to go yet????? I was like "We don't have to be at the bus stop for another 45 minutes yet girl...sheeesh!" LOL. She loves school and its funny but her going back to school didn't affect me like it did with my son. Then again she is only going into 2nd grade not 7th either! Here are the pics I took of each of them before they walked out the door this morning!

Yesterday I took the kids to the water park in Mississippi along with a couple of there friends. I was suppose to take 5 but one of the kids was unable to go so I just had 4 to deal with! Everything went great. We went to eat at McAllister's Deli before doing to the park because it was way healthier and much cheaper. I had been wanting to try this place since we are getting one here in town finally. I got a grilled chicken sandwich on an onion roll with lettuce and honey mustard sauce, a fruit cup and un-sweet tea!! IT WAS THE BOMB!!! I did ask about a nutritional guide and the manager said that the company has sent all the "stuff" out to be analyzed but it would be December before they would have it in the restaurants or posted online. They had lots of options such as salads, wraps, sandwiches of all kinds and even some healthy sides! I will definitely be going to this place again!

I did ok at the park food wise. I ate my 100 calorie snacks which I snuck in! haha...but I did eat a couple fries and 1 chicken tender when the kids took a break to eat a bite when it started raining at 3 pm. They ended up closing the park but we got rain checks to go back another day!!
Me, Josh, Jimmy, Becca and Grace
Well I guess I better get my ass in gear. I took today off to chill and enjoy but I am already thinking of a 100 things I need to do here so I better get moving. Got to go to WalMart , pay some bills and run some errands. Then clean the house and I want to be here when the kids get home from school...since I never usually am because of my work hours and the commute! Maybe I will bake them some cookies and surprise them!! I haven't done that in ages. :)
Hope everyone has a great day!!! Thanks for listening to me ramble on like a lunatic and blubber like a baby but I feel better now! I know the best things you can do for your kids is love them all you can and give them wings! I guess I am just not ready to see them fly just yet!

I heart you guys!!!

10 comments:

Randi said...

You are beyond cute. And so are your kids! Are they matching?
And too funny about your pink undies! WTF about school so early? What happened to 9-3:30? Sheesh!
Way to go on finding the healthy food and sneaking in your own snack. yay!

WeightBGone said...

Your kids are soooo cute. I remember those days well and now I am watching my grandchild go off to school. Where do the years go?

I can just visualize you standing waving to everyone with your hot pink undies and probably tears running down your cheeks. My kids used to hate when I would bawl at the bus stop. Mom was such an embarrassment. LOL

Great kids and a great Mom you have a lot to be proud of. Hope your day of freedom is fun. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Unknown said...

They are so cute!!! Glad that you had fun at the water park and you look great!!! You should be so proud - not just of your kids but of yourself too! You have accomplished so much and you amaze me with your never quit attitude!!! Thanks for inspiring me and making me laugh!!

As for the pink undies at least they weren't like pink thong undies!

The Price's Wife said...

Those kids are darling and you are a super cute mom... I, on the other hand, have been known to say things like "don't let the door hit you in the butt" on the first day of school. Okay, not really, but I always celebrate the beginning of a new school year!

BB said...

Aaahh we know how you feel. Then they become teenagers and you want them to fly away! LOL!!! Seriously, I have a Josh too. Just be aware of jr. high stuff. He started hanging around the wrong crowd at that time-we're living with it now. It's tough being a single Mom, but they are so worth it, aren't they? Thanks for the cute picks. I wish I had your thin legs! :)

Sarah in AZ said...

Hang in there! It's so good to hear how much you adore your kids! A good looking bunch, all of you.

Amanda said...

Ahh...you're so sweet!! Your kids are VERY lucky to have you in their life!!! Love the pictures. Are those uniforms? LOVE them!!!

We have McAllister's here and I love that place. I usually get "The Veggie". It's a pita piled high with veggies and swiss cheese and comes with a ranch peppercorn dressing. I skip the cheese and ask for their fat free dressing on the side (it's a tomato based something or other) and All of that for only 5 points!! I calculated using the dining out guide for a pita and a point or 2 more for 'good measure'. LOL!!!

Sounds like you had a great day planned. Hope you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

You look great at the water park!! Hope you had a fabulous day to yourself!!

Colette said...

Yes all the kids here have to wear uniforms even in high school. I personally LOVE them. It creates unity within the school and no kid is singled out as NOT having the lastest $100.00 pair of jeans and picked on. definately cuts down on behavior problems.The Uniforms also allow the teachers and such to know who should be on campus verus some kids who wonder on to start trouble.

Candace MacPherson said...

Hey Colette, Wow, love the pics. Great legs, girl!
I've had trouble posting comments to you from home, and wanted to make this my first stop - now I don't know what to say, LOL.
Take care, heart ya.