Monday, October 8, 2007

Applesauce-Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe

In an effort to be more prepared and plan out some meals I came home tonight and made a couple of things. First off I made some Corn, Potato , and Ham Chowder (4 pts) for the week. Then I made Amanda's Creamy Lasagna too (7.5 pts... I cut into 8 servings instead of 12). So I got plenty of portioned controlled meals ready to go. This mornig I tried WW new Apple Carmel Muffins ( 3pts) and honestly I was very excited because they use to have the Apple Spice ones and they were good but they quit making them. These new ones were ok but I just found them a bit dry. Actually I find all the WW muffins too dry.
I had made this cake recipe a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I am sure you could do them in muffin pans or just in a dish and cut them into 16 servings. When I made them tonight I cut them and wrapped them so they will be easy to grab and go in the am. I love this recipe because it has a wonderful Apple and Cinnamon flavor....that and they are only 2 pts a serving!!
Here's the recipe if anyone wants it:

Applesauce-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Cooking Spray
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ table salt
3/4 fat free sour cream
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9x9 in pan with cooking spray.
Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir together sour cream, oil and applesauce in a small bowl. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture just to mix. (Do not beat.)
Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle, or about 40-45 minutes. Allow cake to cool to warm or room temperature before slicing into 16 pieces at 2 pts each!

This is definitely a great Fall recipe! Have a great night ya'll.

2 comments:

Holiday said...

初めまして、こんにちは。

dizzydazey said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back! I was really missing you, and then you posted twice before I could even read your first one! :o)

Most of my "bad streaks" come from poor planning so big kudos to you for doing so much ahead.

I'm gonna have to see this lasagna recipe myself - and thanks for the coffee cake one!

Have a Great Day!