Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in to say I had my WI today and I am up 1 pound! err...well I expected it but decided enough is enough. Time for me to get my head head out of my ass and back into the game. I know a lot of my problem has been poor planning, laziness and stress! Well the stress will ALWAYS be there as long as I have kids but I can plan better and get off my ass and prepare healthy meals to have on hand instead of eating out! Eating out is one of my biggest joys and I do try to eat healthy when I can but there are times when you say "I have not had this since March...and I WANT it!" So I try to have a little and get over the craving, but damn its hard! fating food taste so good but honestly it was slowly killing me!
Lots has been going on here. Josh came over to spend the weekend at home. I think he was VERY happy to be home, but of coarse he didn't freely admit it. Although he did tell me he was coming home for ALL holidays and even asked if he could come back next weekend. I said yes of coarse. It was nice to have him home again and I just hope he realizes the choices he makes today will affect his future. Guess all I can do is pray he does one day.
Stephen and I are building two huge bookcases (60 x84) to go on both sides of my fireplace in my great room. They will have two doors on on the bottom of each side with lots of storage space for games and puzzles. And I will have plenty of room for my books and pictures! Yeah this is the one thing I have missed the most since the storm, because I lost most of my books and always wanted to have built in bookcases on both sides. I am taking pictures and will post when we are done. We are using Oak and the wood is just so beautiful with the stain I picked out..its an antique walnut color. I am amazed how good it is coming out so far. Keep your fingers crossed we get it done soon, that it looks good and Stephen & I don't kill each other...LOL.
Rebecca tried out and was accepted on the jump rope team at her school. She is SUPER excited because she is one of 35 kids accepted and there was over 170 kids try out! Bad thing is her practice will be on Thursday afternoons after school and then she has gymnastics the same afternoon at 6pm. We will be running like crazy but at least I won't have to make her go to bed on Thursday night...LOL. She is going to be so worn out!!
So anyways just wanted to say I am still alive and kicking! Hope everyone is doing good too!
I heart you all...
Colette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Glad all is well. Did you read where the McDonald's SW salad is going bye bye???? I can't believe it!
Glad to hear things are going okay! I wish we had a jump rope team when I was in school, that sounds like a blast and a great way to stay in shape!
I hear you on the going out thing. It is so hard for me to order healthy at certain places. I try to avoid going to them in general, but when we have group things I can't make a huge fuss. Planning will help you a lot though and make the nights you do go out worth it!!!
As soon as I read Hungry Girl, I thought of you. BB beat me to it, but I know you will be upset that the Mc Donald's SW salad is going away! At least Hungry Girl said they would try to come up the their version...so maybe you can make it at home!
Glad things are going okay...hang in there! :)
ERRRRR.....Yes I had been told that the salads would be going away after the summer so I stock pilled up on the dressing at home. I already make the salads at home but I guess its going to be hard to find the dressing now!! I am gonna beat Paul Newman's ASS now!! LOL
I was SO happy to see you blog. I miss you my friend when you go into hiatus.
I think Josh is learning a valuable lesson and will appreciate all you've done for him in due time. You are a great Mom!!
Congrats to Rebecca for making the jump rope team thats so exciting for her.
The bookcases sound beautiful I cant wait to see the pics. Take care and have a great week. :)
I "heart" you!
I'm glad your boy is starting to appreciate his mom a little bit! I identify with you on the motivation issue... I struggle there too... Why oh why does fatty food have to be so DIVINE?!
Glad things are going better. I to need to get my head out of my arse...why is it so hard at times?
Post a Comment