Yep, I have been hiding, but I have been lurking and commenting when I can. Not a whole lot going on here. Monday at WI I was up .4! THANK GOD it was not 4 POUNDS!! I am really having a hard time staying motivated right now but I am really trying! I have decided to try to concentrate on getting more fruits and veggies daily! This seems to be a common theme in alot of ya'lls blogs so I am reading. I am glad to know I am not the only one struggling with this. But I have found a couple of ways to get them in. I made a snack cake with applesauce, a huge pot of vegetable beef soup, and bought alot of fruit and portioned them out in single serve size containers and put them in the refrig so they are " grab and go" at half the cost of the prepackaged ones! Planning, planning and MORE planning! I really think its helping...just got to remember baby steps!!
Ok so what's going on in the world of Colette you say? Well, Stephen and I am still working on the bookcases. I can not wait to show you guys the pictures....he is going such a wonderful job. I am so amazed at his ability and dedication when it came to these. Honestly, I never knew he had it in him when it came to carpentry! I am truly blessed to have such a nice guy in my life. Hopefully we will be done with them in the next week or two. Since we both live in different cities and work full time and he goes to school we are able to only work on it on the weekends so it feels like its taking FOREVER to get them done. I am sure he will be glad when its done, I think he has heard me a million times say " Do you think we can get them finished this weekend?" LMAO....I am at the point of trying to bribe him with favors *wink wink * if he finishes them this weekend!! hehe
I have company coming for Thanksgiving and I know it 5 weeks away yet but still I am worried we won't get everything done. My dad and step mom are coming from PA. They have been coming to my house for thanksgiving the last few years because 1.) they are now retired and have more time to travel and 2.) its COOLER!! Lmao... those poor Yankee's can't take the heat and humidity in south Louisiana during the summer!
Last night Rebecca, me and my mother went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and Rebecca found the cutest stuffed animals. It a bunch of different animals... dog, cats, monkeys and etc. Anyways the maker is Webkinz and when you buy one of the animals it has a tag attached with a special code where you go online to register and adopt your pet. You get to name it and it even gives you an adoption certificate that you can print out with the animal birthday and name on it! talk about VERY cute! Also the site gives the kids a room for there pet which they get to decorate and its interactive where they feed there pet. The kids win money to buy furniture and food for their pets by playing the games on the site or answering educational questions! Talk about cute. Not bad for a $12.00 toy! Here is a picture of Rebecca and "Princess". Princess is a white westie and has the cutest pink bow in her hair!! She took Princess to school today for show and tell. She was so excited! All I could think of last night was Kate will love princess! Reminds me of her "Bella"!! Sooo cute... I just love her dogs Bella and Jesse!! So these pics are for you Kate!
Oh I have to tell you guys about the quilt sale at JC Penny's! Omg I got a king size one that is 100% cotton that was regularly $140.00 and it was on sale for $69.99. That's HALF off!! They had several styles from the double wedding bands to grandma's fan! I got one that is alot of patchwork squares and they have flowers on them. It looks very old fashion and I just LOVE it! I brought it to work and one of the older ladies who works here asked me to pick up 3 for her! She is planning on using them for Christmas gifts!! Wish she was my grandmother...LOL. Here's a couple of pics of some of the styles they have. Oh and they have some online for as cheap $49.00 for ANY SIZE!!
Think I will be doing some Christmas shopping soon too. I love those quilts for gifts too! I don't know if the rest of you have this problem but I am ALWAYS freezing! And yes I am FAT!! So not only skinny people freeze! lol. They put the air on 70 at work and I start bitching and all the menopausal women look at me with daggers in their eyes!! LOL. Needless to say I have 3 LAB COATS hanging in my office. I wear one alot and cover up my legs when I am really cold too! Does any one else have this problem? I am not anemic, this I do know! I am just always cold! I did have a hysto but I still have my ovaries!! Oh well one day I will have hot flashes til then I will snuggle up in my new quilt! :)
Hope all of you have a great weekend. Today is Friday and you know what that means right?? Chinese for lunch....... YUMMY!!! Its a ritual here at work! Just about the whole office goes!!
I heart you all!
PS: Thanks Becky for checking on me and reminding me it was TIME TO BLOG!! LOL





10 comments:
No kidding - I was going to say - WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??? Hey I bought a great magazine last night called Woman's Health and they had some awesome tips for feeling full and stuff like that - one of them was to eat with your non-dominant hand - for me that is my left. This seriously slowed me down and I ate half of what I normally would.......they also said veggie soups.......this one I already knew about because I love soup!! Also, have you tried roasting veggies....mmmmmmmm - brussel sprouts are awesome!!
Just hang in there - keep working at it.......you have come TOO FAR to turn back now. By the way - I'm saving Lady Lustice for you to wear next Halloween so get to stepping! Should I send the hubby's bitch costume too - LMAO!!!
Love ya girl!
Steph~ YES.....you know Stephen is MY BITCH!! So the costume would be "only fitting"...rotflmao
love and miss ya too...
hi slave driver, so what are you trying to bribe me with? I told ya a million times your house will be finished. Steph save that custome next year we will dress up and go to new orleans to bourbon and dress up around halloween. Well i love ya anyway even if your house dont get done
pstt id ont mind being your bitch when your nice, lol which is rare
SO cute! I think Rebecca is cuter though :)
I think it's funny that you saw the westie and thought of me...I have some friends back home that say that too!
Glad to see you back blogging!
Hulk~ IF you work really HARD on my bookcases....I will to make you really HARD!! ;-)
Trust me it will be WORTH IT!!
use to love ya too!! LOL
Good to see you back again Colette. The quilts look great. Good luck on a costume - I think I'll just be the Mommy trailing behind Curious George and a pony;-)
Damn right you can't pull anything over on me. I have eyes in the back of my head (which is good, because otherwise I'd never see what my kids are doing while I'm spending all my time on the computer)...
I always love to hear from you my friend.
Nice to have you back. I thought the Hulk had tied you to the bed and was doing wild and crazy things to ya. :)
Sounds like the bookcases will be beautiful. My dh is a woodworker so its nice to have a handyman around the house. I'm sure the bf is doing a great job on them. You will definitely owe him many favors. lol
Take care and have a great weekend. Don't take so long to blog next time cause I miss ya.
I heart you!
I'm glad you posted too! It's about damn time! I can't wait to see these bookcases. You've been talking about them long enough!! HA!!!! Those quilts are beautiful too. I'm just not a quilt kinda girl. But I do think they are pretty. I saw those Webkinz advertised at our mall yesterday and I thought of you. And your daughter is adorable.
Don't wait so long to blog next time. I need my fix!
Post a Comment