Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I LOVE my new job!!!

Hey ya'll! Just a quick post to say things are good right now even considering I had my WI on Monday and I was up +2.6 lbs!! WTF?????????? Err Like I told you guys before I seem to keep gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds for the last 4 MONTHS!!! Errr...I can't stand this and I honestly feel like I am just playing like I am on WW! I feel like a failure and I will ALWAYS be FAT!!!!
Sunday was my 41st birthday!! yeah!! Stephen got me an ice cream cake for my birthday and it was awesome. I had never had one! It was vanilla cake with pralines and cream ice cream!! YUMMO!!! I will admit I ate several pieces since then and I am happy to report it is GONE....DONE......NO MORE LEFT!! Whew......LOL. It was good and it was a huge temptation I will admit!
As for my new job...all I have to say is I LOVE IT!!!!! lol I finally got a great job with a dialysis company from Germany who is a world leader in dialysis treatment and research! I started this week on Monday and I have class all this week and next I start with the districts supervisors assistant and she will be showing the computer systems and all of the things I will have to be doing as an administrator's assistant!! I have sat for 2 days now listening to video's on everything from infection control to bomb threats!!!! My nurse educator Linda is the best. She has been great explaining to me all about dialysis and getting me up to speed since everyone else in my class are nurses or phlebotomist. When it comes the the lab terms and dialysis terms I am so LOST, but with Linda's help I am learning so much!!!
OK, I may have said this before but I am so excited because of the benefits they offer too:
*5 weeks vacation ( I only got 2 at old job)
*Medical insurance ( haven't had this in 2 years)
*dental insurance (haven't had this in 2 years as well)
*401 K ( ummm never had this)
*profit sharing (ditto)
*tuition reimbursement (never had this either)
*uniform allowance (yeah scrubs are expensive)
*long term and short term disability insurance

WOOOOHOOOO...see why I am so excited? This is a company where people don't leave because the work is rewarding, the benefits are great and there is a huge amount of pride and satisfaction is helping people live a fuller, healthier and a longer life through dialysis treatments! I truly feel like I was so blessed with this job!! I can't thank God enough! Really I can't!!

As for the weight loss, I am still trying. I am making healthier choices MOST of the time {least I do admit it ;) } and I am trying to get in as much exercise as possible. I have not been walking every night for the past few weeks because right now while I am in training I am commuting about an hour away, I was very busy at my old job tying up some loose ends and didn't want to learn the new girl taking my place there with a pile of work. I am happy to say I left NOTHING for her to do. I take alot of pride in my job rather I am leaving or if I was there like any other day! I did get to train my replacement for one day before I left and I do think she is going to be a great addition to the staff where I use to work.

Stephen was a sweetheart and gave me $300.00 for my birthday. I want to get a new pair of running shoes but think I will wait a couple weeks first. Rebecca is on the jump rope team at her school and this Sunday they will be walking in a mardi Gras parade here in Slidell and it is like 5 miles long. Ummm guess who gets to walk with her????? YEP....ME....lol but I did volunteer my mother too!! lol. Thanks MOM....Rebecca is so excited about it and it looks like it will be about 76 degrees that day and sunny!!! THANK YOU JESUS!! Lol. last Sunday we went to a parade here in Slidell and it was like 40 degree's with strong winds...I was freezing and was miserable!! the parade was great though and we caught ton's of beads and such!! I even got a set of "penis beads"...LOL they are so funny looking!!

I will try to take some pictures of Rebecca in the parade and post a few when I can. I am just so busy right now and struggling on this diet. Maybe once all my training is over I can settle down to a routine again and it will make things easier! One can only hope!! I hope all of you are doing well, especially all of our mom's to be Amanda and Dizzy!!!

I love you all and miss ya!!

Colette

UPDATE: Guess what everyone...today I met with the lady who goes over all the benefits and helps you fill out your w-2's and guess what I found out?? WEIGHT WATCHERS will be reimbursed 100% for employees who complete the entire program!!! Can you believe this? OMG I was shocked!! woooohooo. Did I tell you guys that I love my new job??? LOL Well I do!!

16 comments:

WeightBGone said...

Wow, lots of great news from you. First off, Happy Belated Birthday!!
I am so happy for you that this great job is now yours. You sound so excited about it and the bennies are indeed wonderful.

I hear ya on the weight loss I can't seem to get my last pounds off. I lose one then gain it back its a continious circle so I've decided to relax, keep exercising and watch what I eat. Eventually the last 10lbs has to come off right??

Have fun on the walk with Rebecca thats a great form of exercise. Nice of you to volunteer Mom I am sure she appreciates it. LOL

Have a great weekend girlfriend!!

Candace MacPherson said...

HEY!!! Happy Birthday girl! I LOVE ice cream cake. That sounds sooo good. I hope Becca and Josh got some too, LOL.

The job and benefits sound awesome. So many on the boards seem to be going through some real positive changes like this lately. Emotional leaving something they knew, but excited about the future too. I am also thinking about non-job related changes, such as Emily's not so little 'Grand' Girl and really need to leave a comment there.

OK, Kick that Fat Girl to the Curb Colette. She has NO place bringing my friend down. I strongly suggest taking in some walks in the midst of chaos, even if you drag the kids around the block - it does wonders for the emotional being.

Swizzlepop said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love ice cream cake! :) Glad to hear your new job is going well and you have great benifits! WOOHOO, this is your year! Now listen to Candace and kick the fat girl to the curb. :P
Can't wait till you sart posting more regularly again.

Swizzlepop said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love ice cream cake! :) Glad to hear your new job is going well and you have great benifits! WOOHOO, this is your year! Now listen to Candace and kick the fat girl to the curb. :P
Can't wait till you sart posting more regularly again.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the new job is so awesome!! Happy happy belated b-day! and I'm right there with you on the lose a few gain 'em back wagon...I seem to have lost my motivation, but I am trying really hard to get it back! Keep us posted on how it's going for you! I miss ya!

-Chris

Ro said...

I am so happy you're loving the new JOB!!! sounds liek agreat place and 5 weeks vacay made me shout in my cube..lol

As for the weight loss....its only a minor setback for a huge comeback! I feel the same way sometimes. If the scale doesnt get out of the 190's soon I may lose my mind. Lets just hang in there....
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! So glad you are loving the new job...you deserve it!! :-)

Amanda said...

Ice cream cake...yum!!! I'm so glad you like your new job! This was a great positive post!!! :)

And do NOT complain about being in the 40s....our wind chill here today was -16 this morning. I will rejoice when we are in the 40s this weekend!!! :) Have fun in the parade--sounds like tons of fun!!!

Sarah said...

Mmm ice cream cake! The new job sounds awesome! I am right with you - I've been working on losing and gaining 2 lbs for two months now. It feels like you're paying WW to tell you where the pounds are this week like wheres waldo. Oh well, we can do it!

Tina said...

Happy Belated lady!! That's is sooo awesome about all your bennies. It's great working somewhere that you're truly happy isn't it?

anna said...

WOW! i would love your job too! i'm happy for you!! maybe this new job will help you lose weight because you will be HAPPIER? yippee for you!

WeightBGone said...

Just thinking of you and wanted to say hi. I hope all is going well in your life. Take care my friend. :)

Tina said...

It's time to start slacking at work. Need more posts!

Nicole said...

Woot! That job sound absolutely awesome! Good for you!!

I beleve you're on what is called a "plateau." LOL! Don't worry...this too shall pass.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Where the heck is Colette??? Did the Hulk eat you for dinner??? Oh.....that might be a bad question to ask you 2 - LMAO!!

I heart you and FREAKIN MISS YOU!!!

Tina said...

Ok, you love your job but do you love USSSSSSSSS????????????????? COME BACK!!!!! :)