Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Hey, Throw Me Something Mister!"

HAPPY MARDI GRAS YA'LL!!!
Yesterday was Mardi Gras here in New Orleans and boy was it fun....actually the last few WEEKS leading up to Mardi Gras has been fun!! Just look at my weigh in's....you'll see! Sighs!!
OK can you say "Slacker"? Yep thats me for the last week or more. I have only half heartly been tracking my food, I would eat great for breakfast, lunch and then lose it at supper. I have splurged WAY too much and alcohol has been a wonderful part of the festivities!!!....LOL
Yesterday Stephen, the kids and I went to the parades with his family. We has the absoloute best time ever. There were so many floats and we caught so many beads and trinkets that we had about 12 bags FULL....we are talking about BIG crawfish bags or huge potatoe sacks depending where you are from!! I have a spare room full of beads, stuffed animals, plastic swords, panties, toys, cups ....omg you name it basically!! LOL.
Here are some pictures of all the fun...wish you guys were here with us!!!
*CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE!!!*

This is Dianna and I. She's my BFF who moved to Houston after the storm. See what's behind us? DACQUIRES!!! We had plenty of those that day!!!
Rebecca with her Mardi Gras mask on!!
Joshua chillin and waiting for the parade. Notice the Pink "Princess" chair..LOL We were at the parade for ONLY 8 hours!!!
Stephen "Showing his boobs" for beads...HAHAHA
Rebecca and Lisa ( Stephen's mom)
Kinny and Lisa (Stephen's parents) There awesome!!!!
Justin (Josh's BFF) and his mom Cookie
Stephen and I
Richey ( Stephen's uncle) Huge LSU fan!!Notice the panties on his cap? LOL
Stephen, Rebecca and Brandon ( Richey's son) he also got panties on his head!! Yes they throw them off the floats in the parades..hehe
Guess what I got??? PENIS BEADS!!! lmao....
Vivian and Eric (Stephen's Family)
Miss Ethal ( Stephen's grandma) She is a riot!!
Grandpaw and the guys!!
Mark (Family friend) a big LSU fan!!
Johnathan and his GF with DRUNK Stephen!! lol
Stephen, Vivian and Norma Jean his aunt!! I love her she is so sweet!!
Well as you can prolly see we all had a great time at the parades that day!! Needless to say I was NOT on plan that day but I got back on today! I had to be at work this morning at 6 am and I have definately been dragging butt today!!..LOL Wonder why? Couldn't have been all the dacquries I had could it? LOL
Ok so anyone want any beads just let me know...I got tons!! I usually send up a box to my family in PA for the kids to have to play with!!! Ok well I love you guys and sorry I have not been here much but the new job is AWESOME, but I have been doing alot of training out of town so when I do get home at night I am exhausted!! State of LA comes in this week so we should be open for business full swing next week and from what they tell me we already got 30 dialysis patients on a list just waiting for us to get our final state license!! yeah!!!
Guess its time to get busy and buckle down on my eating habits now!!! Have a great week ya'll!! {HUGS}

15 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

OMG, Stephen is SMILING!!! Amazing!

My Mom brought back a bunch of beads for the kids a couple of years ago. I know she had so much fun and was telling me all about the penis beads. She was as giddy as a school girl talking about that part of her trip (she and Mel usually go to Florida and visit friends in Louisianna, but stayed home this year).

Take care and glad to see the post.

Randi said...

dude, it looks fun! Did the parade last 8 hours? or you were there early? It's nice to see that it's sort of a family thing with kids and grandparents, though I imagine it would be a little weird getting penis beads with your daughter there, and little kids wearing panties on their heads. But fun! Now get back on track!

Unknown said...

Damn - bout time you showed your face!!! Looks like you had a blast at Mardi Gras and were surrounded by friends, family and alcohol.......geez, I'm jealous!!

Just glad that you are back in the swing of things - I missed you! Hugs to you and you look great (even if you are drunk!)

I heart you!

The Price's Wife said...

Wow... you were missing for a long time, but I'm going to let it slide just this once since you showed us all Stephens's boobs.

Dee Bee said...

Wow, looks like you enjoyed the Mardi Gras so much.

I'm new here and enjoy reading your posts.

Swizzlepop said...

I was wondering what happened to you. Looks like fun and you look great and so happy. Don't stay away for much longer and get back on track! :)

Laura said...

Looks like a great time! Do the kids get time off of school during that time?

Amanda said...

Do you get the day off for Mardi Gras? Do the kids get the day off from school too? Looks like you had a GREAT time!!!

I love the penis beads!

And don't go missing for that long EVER again! We miss you around here!!!

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother called to let me know that she saw your blog pictures. Even your beads.......

Anonymous said...

hey girl! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Mardi Gras is on my top 10 list of things to do before I die...just looks like a real party! Glad the job is going well and to hear you're doing good!
-Chris

PS: You look great in those pics!

Unknown said...

i miss mardi gras!!! lived in NO for a couple of years. my favorite king cake came from the north shore (by boss lived in the NS - covington, i think...not mandeville) and would bring one in - chocolate chip cream cheese!!! YUM!!!! oh...is this s'posed to be a weight loss blog?!?!?! uh, mardi gras kinda gets in the way of that, huh?!?!?!

glad you had fun during MG & that your job is awesome!!!

MMalloy said...

Mardi Gras sounded like a blast. Love the pics!!!
Glad to see you around again!!!

The Price's Wife said...

I would be a much happier human being if you blogged more often!

WeightBGone said...

I miss you!!!! Hurry up and blog no excuses!! :)

Laura said...

HEY! DON'T THROW ME ANY BEADS!! THROW ME A BLOG!!!! WHERE ARE YA?? WE MISSS YOU!!!!