Yes, I did buy a used car today and I LOVE it!! It's a 2005 Toyota Camry XLE. As you can see it's dark blue and it has grey interior. It has 47,000 miles on it and the dealer wanted 17k for it but I got it for way less.......13k!! Very nice car and its LOADED with features to boot!!!
The Hulk went with me for support and he told me he was so proud of me because I wrangled the sales manager down alot......lol. I have a 94 Toyota 4-Runner with 168,000 miles on it and it was starting to give me problems.
Ok so I didn't buy the car JUST because I had been on plan 5 days...but it sure was a huge incentive...LMAO I am going to try to blog daily when I can. I am thinking maybe this will help me emotionally and will help me stay on plan. Yesterday I taped a piece of paper on the mirror in my bathroom and it says simply "200". That's my next goal!! Saturday when I weighed in I was at 226.2 lbs. So I am hoping the "visual" goal will keep me on the straight and narrow. Anyone else have any unusual hints or things you do to help you stay on plan?
ok well I am off to bed to get some rest and prepare mentally for day 6.
Wish me luck.......


6 comments:
WOW girl! Good for you!!!
When I am OP and have a goal (like a swimsuit or a trip), I put a note on the fridge that says something like this "Think Cancun!" OR wherever we are going. OR, if I have a reward--after this baby is born, my first reward will be to chop my hair off when I get to 159. So I'll post a note that says something like "Haircut!" or a picture of the haircut I want.
The car looks awesome too! WOW!!!
congrats! i dare say you DESERVE IT!! awesome deal, too!!
So many things have worked and some not so. Recently I discovered that planning works great for me. SO, I decide how many points a day I need. Then I write down everything. It takes a while the first time, but gets easier. I posted my template a while back and could probably find it for you. I then write in what I'm eating and points, which calculate for the day. Then, I STICK to that plan. Substitutions are fine - you know, 3pts of pork vs. 3pts of chicken, but NOT 3pts port because you had cake. Work in your treats, make your grocery list around this, and mindlessly munch your way through the week. Yup, the weeks I have most success I plan, shop, chop and eat. No thinking except for planning and not much prep except for the time alloted on the weekends. Also, get a story board pulled together. Good luck Colette.
Soooooooooo, if you buy yourself a car for 5 days OP...what do you get if you reach goal??? I think I like your style!
Glad to see you around. :-)love the idea of the notes.
Hey, if it takes a car to keep you on plan for a day, then SO BE IT! ;)
I can understand how much difficult it is to go on a dieting plan suddenly. During the plan if one eats a high calorie food once in a week then I think that’s not a big issue.
Post a Comment