Thursday, June 5, 2008

How do you spend your weekdays?

Good Morning all! First I want to say thanks to everyone who has offered advice and the pubertal boot up the ass!! LOL. See I know I could count on your guys!! :)
Yesterday was a great day and I am hoping today will be too!! Only difference is I was at work yesterday and today I am not!! So are you wondering what I am talking about here yet....well when I am at work ( during the week) I do very well as long as I don't go out to eat for supper.....BUT when I am home its much harder. I worked Sunday since it was our " month end" and I got 8 hours overtime, so my boss let me have the day off so they don't have to pay me overtime. It feels so nice to be off today, I got to sleep late and just cleaned up a bit.
But now my delima begans....
What to do? I have a weekday off and I definately want to do something with my kids. But in the process I do NOT want to "go off plan" and this is definately the hardest when I am off work. So my question is all of you who are home each day is..."How do you deal with the munchies? How do you stay busy? Activity ideas to do with the family?"...ok you see my point right!!!
Ok, keeping my fingers crossed here and going to brainstorm with the kids to see who wants to do what!!
Oh yeah...the Taco soup was loaded with Veggies such as tomatoes, corn, onions, black beans and white beans! So I definately counted that as one of my veggies!!
Hope everyone has a great day and much love to you all!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What about the movies - you could sneak in some of your own popcorn and that is always good to burn up a few hours?? It's so hard now that the weather has turned hot and humid - I mean, who wants to play at the park and melt??

Maybe bowling or some other indoor activity?? We also rent movies and just pile up on the couch.....you can pop your own popcorn then too??

Good luck and I am sooooo glad that you are back!

(((hugs)))

Amanda said...

When I am at home and NOT working, I HAVE to stay out of the kitchen. Or put gum in my mouth to keep from eating constantly.

I 2nd the movies and bowling--GREAT ideas. Sneak in your own popcorn to the movies. And at bowling grab Subway before hand and take it in to eat. You could take them to the pool, or maybe to an indoor mall to window shop--you could earn APs there too! :)

MMalloy said...

I like the bowling idea, get some APs and bring in your own food!
I would never make it if I was home on the weekdays. Having to eat what I packed is key for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

tallmama said...

Between meal times, diaper changes, dressing, fights, laundry, cleaning, more diaper changes, potty training, folding laundry, making bottles, feeding baby, fighting, putting away laundry, quick computur time, meal time, dishes, more bottles, more diapers, pull-ups, cleaning up feces, one more meal time, more dishes, more fighting, bath time, jammies and finally bed time (all X3 kids) I honestly don't have a moment to think "hmmm what should I snack on" i'm lucky if I can sit during meal time (forget about staying sitting). The only times I *might* have a moment for temptation is nap time or after they are in bed, but seriouly by then i'm too tired to eat. I don't know how many days i've broken a sweat just 'being a Mom' crazy.

Enjoy your kiddo's & your day home!