Thursday, June 5, 2008

I LOVE Retail Therapy!!!

Hi Everyone SURPRISE its me!! Back yet again for another post!! Well yesterday was so much fun! I asked Rebecca what she wanted to do since I had the day off and she said " I want to go shopping!" Well I have to admit that is my favorite kind of therapy!!! I love to shop and even better I LOVE a bargain....so off we went!
We ended up going to an outlet mall in Gulfport, Mississippi and man did I rack up!! I bought a sundress, shorts, shirts, halter tops, Capri's, Bass leather sandals, a bra and even a beach wrap all for $160.00 This outlet gives out these free discount cards and they have a coupon book too you can purchase for $5.00 and there are tons of coupons!! I got 30 % off everything I bought at Lane Bryant then got 40% off the highest price item on TOP of that!!Oh and I found out that each time I go I can use that card to purchase something at LB for 40% off!! Wooohoo. I love these outlets they are so cheap compared to the "malls" in town!!
Then I got Rebecca some awesome clothes at Kids Gap....they had the cutest halter tops there for $6.50 ( half price) and shorts that said "GAP" on the butt for $9.00 (30% off). Then I went to the Aeropostale store to buy some stuff for Joshua. I got him 2 pair of cargo shorts, 1 polo and one t-shirt all for $44.00!!! Talk about some great deals!!

Ok with all of that being said I have to show you my bargain of the week!! Last Sunday I went to the local mall here in Slidell. JC Penny's had sent out coupons in the mail for Father's Day. They were for $10.00 off any item as long as it was $10.00or more! Well I had been in there the day before and found a very nice St John Bay Hoodie Jacket on clearance... the original price was $30.00 but it was marked down to $12.99. So I was thinking....3 bucks for that jacket with my coupon what a good deal right? (Yes I am ALWAYS cold..I am pre-menoposal and hate it!!)

Well I waited to go back on Sunday because the coupon didn't start til then and guess what?? When I went to buy it and the clerk rang it up and took off my coupon she told me "Your total is .42 cents" I was like is that right and she said " yes, all clearance is an additional 20% off this week" So this hoodie jacket ended up costing me .38 cents plus tax for a grand total of .42 cents! Wooohooo. Here it is..I got a pinkish coral color!!



We leave for vacation July 19th for a week and we are going to Panama City Beach, Fl. I so can't wait!! This will be our "first real vacation". Stephen and I did sneak off 3 years ago for a weekend alone but we have never taken the kids on vacation in the 6 years we have been together. It's always been that I could not get time off from work, he was in college and then we had to deal with the whole hurricane Katrina mess.... and I am beginning to think my house will ever be complete. We are about 95 % done and honestly we are sick of doing home repairs!! It's only been almost 3 YEARS!!! errrr. So you can see why we are excited about a week away!!
I am proud to say I made some good choices food wise today:
Breakfast: Cheerios, milk, 1/2 banana and peach yogurt- 4 pts
Lunch: 6 crab rangoons and unsweet tea- 8 pts
Dinner: Southwestern Salad from Wendy's- 7 pts
2 southwestern dressings from McDonald's- 4 pts
Total: 23 pts
Yes I am suppose to eat 27 points and only ate 23 but oh well. Better I not go over and honestly I was not hungry!!
Also I did manage to get ALOT of walking in today which made me feel great!! I love all of my new clothes I got today. I even went out of my "box" and bought some things that I wouldn't normally buy like a sun dress or halter tops because:
1.) I have bat wings ( you know what they are if you have them and if you don't.. consider yourself LUCKY!!) LOL.
2.) I have almost NO BOOBS!! I am a 40-B and most of the time I can't even fill the B cup!! Therefore I don't think I look like a woman but a D'Anjou Pear with RED hair!! errr.
Those are the 2 things I am going to get fixed surgically when I get to goal!! I absolutely hate both of those flaws!!!
TGIF!!!! I think this weekend I am going to take the kids to the pool and get lost in a good Nora Roberts book!! I love her books and I just finished the first in a series of 3 and man are they good!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
{{{hugs}}}}

3 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

What a great deal! You are a bargain hunter!
Good job on the eating. Just do your best to try and keep it up. I find that when I spend a few days under points I get super hungry later on. Keep lots of healhty snack choices near by!
You rock and I hope your vacation is awesome too!

Amanda said...

What an awesome day!!! And awesome deals too!!!

I have bat wings too...and hate em...but right now they are the least of my worries. ;) I'd like to get rid of this belly first! :) But good for you for stepping out of the box. You've come a long way....you deserve to splurge! Have a great weekend!

Candace MacPherson said...

Hi Colette, Good to see you posting again. Nice bargains - I'm sure you'll enjoy the purchases.

One of the things I started doing in January was planning my menu. It was hard the first couple of weeks, but after a while it is actually quite easy. I did an excel spreadsheet with the days across the top and my meals down the first column. I listed my food for the week and added the suppers and lunches for everyone else on the bottom. I used this to 1) build my weekly grocery list and 2) to mindlessly pack my cooler and prepare dinners. I knew what needed to be done and just did it. Every morning it was as easy as grab and toss into the cooler. All my meat was cooked on Sunday and put in the fridge or frozen. I promise if you do this, staying on plan, ensuring you get all of your 8 healthy guidelines in, and staying within your point range is easy. My daily points are 19 right now, but I've been taking 5 FPs a day and my weekly splurge is from Activity points. If you try it, let me know how it goes. The idea is, you stick to your cooler or lunch kit.