
"PLEASE....NEVER FORGET"
*Click on pics to enlarge*

6 foot fences couldn't stand up to Hurricane Katrina's winds.

Everything I worked for gone in one day.

After gutting the house. Notice the mold and mildew on all the wooden doors.

Water line on Joshua's bedroom door.

My microwave stand. The green stuff is MOLD.

My bathroom tub full of swamp mud.
Being the 3rd anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and with the stress of Hurricane Gustav looming upon us I will admit I have cried several times today. I cried for those who lost their lives, for my kids "baby things" I will never get back and the neighbors who didn't have the strength to come back to rebuild.
Alot of people are saying if we get slammed again like we did with Katrina that they will just leave and never come back. Most can't fathom going through this again and are simply just too tired.
The kids and I are going to ride this hurricane out at my workplace. We have a large dialysis facility here in Slidell that has a 500 gallon gasoline generator so hopefully we won't be without power and will be safe. We are going to run our Monday patients on Sunday so they can safely get out of town if they wish and will be open for several hours on Monday morning for people who are evacuating from south Louisiana and need help, rather it been finding a facility to go to or dializing them for a couple hours to get some of the toxins out of their blood before they move on to safety.
In closing I am going to post a link to a 9 minute video that the City of Slidell did right after Hurricane Katrina... Its called "Day of Destruction". Please watch it and pray for us..... we're all just so tired!
Thank you for all your prayers. They are deeply appreciated here.
{{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:
I've said it once, I'll tell you again. I've been thinking of you and praying for you and your kids and everyone in that area. I pray Gustav steers clear of your area. I will continue to think of you and pray.
I am praying for you. I hope that you don't have to go thru that again.
hey babe, your my heart and my life, if both of our places get destoryed i guess we can get a travel van and go around usa, being fitness trainers, and if that dont work well then theres always can i take your order please............
Colette
Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep you and your family safe. God bless and take good care my friend.
Colette--
Saw the news this morning where they evacuated New Orleans. I am praying hard for everyone down there that you don't have to go through that again. I think of you anytime anyone mentions this hurricane. Prayers and HUGS!!!!
We are watching the news and praying for you.
I've been watching the news and saying prayers for you guys all weekend. I'm thankful that Gustav lost some steam but are you guys okay??
Sending huge (((HUGS))) your way!
Colette - waiting patiently for you to update us on your status. Still praying that you and the kids are OK, since you stayed in Slidell.
Post a Comment