Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurricane Gustav Update

Sorry this will have to be quick since I am at a hospital in another town doing this. I had to run up here to pick up some paperwork for work and just wanted to give you guys an update.
First off THANKS for the many prayers!!! We did NOT flood here. The water came up but went down quickly. We stayed at the clinic where I work but the generator broke down in the middle of the storm. So we left there and had to go home.
Unfortunately we STILL do NOT have power. I called the electric company and they said it should be fixed by September 11th!! Errrrr....
I had lots of tree damage and the yards are a mess but we were VERY lucky here!! I will post picks when I can I don't know when that will be since we are still not up and running with electric, cable, or internet.

Oh as for the diet I BLEW IT MAJORLY!! Ate EVERYTHING in sight...sweets, breads, cookies, soda's..you name it! Good news is I only gained a 1 pound so far...so you know what that means huh?
I SWEATED OFF POUNDS since we don't have electric!!!

Pray of our electric to come on soon!! Love you all..
Colette and kids!!

7 comments:

tallmama said...

Hey Colette, glad to hear you are hanging in there... don't know how i'd survied with out electricity for that long! Seriously what are you doing?
hang in there!

Amanda said...

I am glad you finally posted!!! I've been wondering about you all week!!! So glad things aren't bad there and you were lucky! You don't even want to know the tears I shed just thinking about you all going through that again! {{{{HUGS}}}}

MMalloy said...

Thanks for the update, I have been checking every day. We are praying for all of you! You are amazing for all you have been through.

Ro said...

Hey Collette,
Glad all is well...and Gustav didnt do what they thought it was going to do!
I can only imagine how much I would have eaten..everything out of the freezer..lol

Anonymous said...

just sum fyi, colette now has power but lost her mind, hehe love ya

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

Glad you guys faired okay down there!!! I also was waiting for you to post. Hope they get power to you soon.

Michelle said...

Whew! So glad to hear things are going okay. Don't worry about your eating...hurricanes will do that to ya! You'll be back on track before the last big winds leave town.