Why? Well first.... because Gustav was kind to us. We had lots of rain and some wind damage but no flooding!! The yards were a mess and not having any electric for 6 days SUCKED!!!
I have a generator and it helped to some degree. The first night was torture with no air or fans! The next day I went to home depot and bought 3 fans. Unfortunately we were only able to rune one at night because the refrig was also hooked up to the generator. So all three of us ( Josh, Becca and me) slept in the same king size bed. Talk about crowed. I don't think any of us slept that night. Talk about miserable!!
And Secondly......I only gained 1 pound in 2 weeks!! How awesome is that? I took a "pass" last week due to the hurricane and when I weighed in this morning it said 1 pound baby!! wooohooo....Yeah I know your going is she crazy? She is HAPPY she gained? Yes I am only because it was 1 pound!! I truly thought I would have gained at least 5-10 pounds because of all the stuff I been eating!! I won't even tell you what that's been. Let's just say EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I desired!! :)
So now I am back on the wagon but I will say this, I did "dangle" my feet off the side a bit today! It's hard when you have been bad and getting right back on!! But I know I have to do what I have to do to make it to my goal!!
THANK YOU to each and everyone of you who commented that you was praying for us and checked in on us. Unfortunately, Stephen had to stay home over an hour away when the storm was coming because he was on call at the plant and once they started contraflow (open the interstates in just one direction...meaning OUT OF TOWN) he wouldn't be able to get back on the other side of New Orleans. So once we came home after the storm it was just the kids and I. It's a scary thing to have 2 kids depending on you when your by yourself especially in a storm situation! But we did survive, and now I know WAY more about working on generators then I ever wanted to know!! LOL.On a sad note...Stephen lost his great grandmother on his dad's side the day before the storm. She was 90 years old and in poor health. So if that wasn't enough dealing with the hurricane and all they had to bury her today too.
So for now we will be keeping our eyes on Ike and praying he goes away!!
Much love...
Colette

4 comments:
YAY for you!!!
I am so glad you fared so well. And only 1#?!? That's AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the update. I always think of you when any storms are headed your way. :)
Great news all around!! Glad things went well for you.
so glad you were spared damage!
I grew up on the texas coast and rode out a few hurricans and left for a few when i was a kid. Its hard to go through.. and i know exactly how it feels! cleaning up after flooding, having to leave not knowing if anything will be there when you get home... such a roller coaster!
So happy things went well.. I prayed for your family and am so happy you are all ok :)
Happy for your only 1 lb gain.. thats GREAT..
Blessings!!!!!
ruthie
Colette
I am so happy to hear you and your family are safe. You were in my thoughts and prayers every step of the way. Take care my friend!!
Post a Comment