Sunday, August 3, 2008

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!

Well I was not prepared for this mornings weigh in at all. I had hoped I'd be down even just a little after that huge gain on vacation... and guess what?
I am DOWN 5.4 lbs!!!! Yeppie!!! Can't you believe it? I was shocked!! So now that puts me at 208.8!! Wooohooo. Have I told you lately that I LOVE CORE??

I can not stress how happy I am to FINALLY be losing weight again after losing NOTHING for over 6 months!! Why didn't I try Core before? I know why.... I was CHICKEN!! Yep, I thought "Core foods" would be yucky and I'd be eating grass and twigs. Well if you are doing Flex and you throw out all of the "processed junk" as I call it like... frozen dinners, most boxed cereals, those 100 calorie snack packs, sugar and most carbs...then you'd have what we call Core! Seriously, I am so fricking happy to be losing again and knowing this is a plan that I can stick with FOREVER!!! What's stopping you from trying it?

Huge NSV today too. I went shopping to get some shorts and/or tops since all of the summer stuff is on clearance at the mall. I was able to get into a size 16 and a very tight 14 pair of shorts!! I was like OMG... and grinning from ear to ear! This is the fat chick who use to wear a size 22/24 and NEVER was able to buy anything from the Misses department! I always had to go to the "WOMAN'S" department!! I heard all the jokes growing up about having to go see "Omar the tent maker" to get this or that! Talk about feeling like shit! It sucks to be overweight!

Ok tell me something.....am I the only crazy person who is shopping in the clothing department and sees an over weight person and WANTS to tell them about WW's? I am so serious. I over heard a conversation that went like this:
Mom: "How do they fit?"
15 yo girl: "ok...I guess"
Mom: "Come out and let me see!"
15 yo girl: "ok you see now"
Mom: "You sure you don't want me to get a bigger size?"
15 yo girl: "umm.....NO"
Mom: "What size are those?"
15 yo girl: "size 16"
Mom: "You sure you don't want to try the 18's?"
15 yo girl: "No just get me a couple pairs of these for school and lets go"

I felt so sorry for this girl, she was clearly distressed that she really did need the next size up but wouldn't accept it. Haven't we all been this young lady at one time or another? That definately could have been me at that age because thats the size I wore then too. :( I wanted SO BAD to tell her about WW and what it could do for her. But I knew that would have been rude and definately hurt her feelings! But then again I am sure she knows what it's like to have your feeling hurt just because she is over weight! So I zipped up my lips and didn't say a thing... was I wrong to not say anything?

Ok I found a great Chocolate Shake Recipe I came across and yes it's CORE!! W00t!

2 T. sf chocolate pudding mix
12 ice cubes
1 c. skimmed milk
1 t. vanilla

Mix in blender till thick and smooth

Taste just like a shake from Wendy's!! Yummm

Hope everyone has a great week.
((((HUGS)))))

11 comments:

Nana Jean said...

WOW Colette! That is fantastic! I weighed in Friday and had lost as well. After my back surgey 2 months ago I had put on some weight and couldn't (or wouldn't...) get it off until I went back to Core! YUP! Core Rocks!!! Have another great week!
>^.^<

MtngirlinCali said...

Wow, that is huge!!! Nicely done....you are really doing well with Core. I swear, after my move, I may even have to jump on the Core bandwagon. :)

Miss July...not...yet said...

Thats great! Congrats!

Amanda said...

AWESOME!!!!

Holy Mackerel is my latest saying. :)

You rock, my dear friend, seriously ROCK!!!!

We still don't have our meat (hopefully this week) and then I am on the core bandwagon with you! You have done AWESOME!!! I just refuse to stock up at the store when I know I have cheaper meat coming to me. You are so inspiring!!!

I know it's hard not to say anything in those situations, but I wouldn't have either. I've been that girl...and it's hard, it really is. Poor thing. I bet she HATES shopping for school clothes. :(

Laura said...

Colette,
You have me thinking!!! I may try Core. I'll have to dig up my materials and see how it works. I never paid attention when they explained it before. I always thought, "I'm flex! I will always be flex!" The only thing I worry about is my lunches for work. Usually I take a Smart One.

Laura said...

I dug my book out and I'm gonna try it!!! Where have you found your recipes?

Ro said...

WHoo hOOOOOOOO..
Oui Oui!!!
Way to go...seriously!
I am so smiling while typing this..
I may be on Core next week all becasue of YOU!

tallmama said...

I may be giving your vacation weight gain # a run for it's money. STay tooned tomorrow morning for my officail post-vacation weigh in... YIKES! (but we had lots of fun!)

Anonymous said...

Yayy core - maybe I'll be brave and try it too! The only thing you can do in that dressing room situation is start a conversation that might just lead to weight watchers like:
you:"those are such cute shorts, maybe I'll get some to try on"
her: "yeah but I just don't like the way they fit"
you:"I think they look cute on you"
her:"I just can't go up one more size"
and then you start in on your weight watchers talk. You never know!

Ro said...

yes Colette I have questions. I am going to email you when I get home tonight.
I think I am getting on the wagon ASAP!
And THANKS!

Michelle said...

OMG!! It takes me a month to lose that much weight. Some day I've got to try Core. Great job!!