Hey everyone!! I just wanted to say I am so EXCITED about all the Core wanna be's that are coming out of the closet, asking questions and deciding to give it a shot!! By no means am I saying that Flex is not a great program but I had not lost a single pound in 6 months or better after losing about 40 pounds and I got disgusted. Then I got to thinking here I was having trouble staying on plan with 26 points how was I going to do it with 21, 20 or 19? You know as you lose the weight...your points do go down!!
Core actually did answer alot of questions that I needed answers to! I am now able to eat a good amount of lean meat, veggies and fruits each day and it cost me NOTHING!! NADA...NOT A THING POINT WISE...as long as I eat the foods on the "Core List". Did I mention that I found a link that list ALL of the name brand foods on Core and I decided to print it out and it was 33 PAGES LONG!! LOL... see for yourself...click here for the Core List!!
You will not find any breads, crackers, tortilla's and cookies on that list! Sorry! Trust me when I say I LOVE all of those and it was hard "not eating them like I use to" when I was on flex. But the good news is you do get 35 weekly points to use as you wish for things not on the Core list. So if your a wise shopper like I am you can 2 slices of lite wheat bread and it will only cost you 1 point!! Not bad and trust me you start to realize that you really don't need all the breads, cookies, crackers and such! What was the trade off for me personally? I lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks!! Not impossible...definitely doable!!
I knew "carbs" were an issue when I was doing Flex along with "processed junk food" and I have to say now I do not miss them. Yes, I still crave bread and such but its not a 10th of what it was like before. Also I am amazed at how much I LOVE Splenda!! I have not bought a bag of sugar to use in this house in months!! And the best part is I do not miss it...nor do my kids!!
So now I eat way less carbs and sugar, but definitely eat more fruits and veggies and I am still LOSING weight!! Hard to believe huh? I made this big pot of vegetable beef soup the other day and I have been taking it for lunch each day with a piece of fruit. Talk about good but boy is the cabbage giving me hell...LOL. I have gas so bad.... he he
Have no fear I just took some Gas-Ex! I am hoping it will work soon. :(
For the last 2 nights I have felt like I have a rock in my stomach and it just hurts! Maybe all this good eating is really giving my stomach and bowels a good work out. But I will tell you this...do NOT, and I do mean NEVER, EVER take a Tylenol PM and a Laxative at the same time!!! he he I did this about 6 weeks ago because 1.) I was constipated and 2.) I had insomnia..... it was not nice!! LMAO!!! And then if that wasn't bad enough...I had weird dreams all night too!
Needless to say I will NEVER do that again!! haha.... Well, I hope this answers some questions about Core for those of you who are "curious". I don't have all of the answers I can just tell you what has worked for me so far. I am hoping that I continue having such good success because I can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life! I can't imagine counting points til I die...LOL.
Stay tuned for Sunday's weigh in, I am keeping my fingers crossed. This week has been extremely STRESSFUL at work, my water consumption is WAY down, my stomach is still bothering me so I haven't walked but maybe 3 miles total all week and to top it off because of the stress I pigged out tonight at Ryan's. Tell me what you think... was I really THAT BAD?
I had:
*grilled steak..Sorta big piece
*peas w/ FF spray butter
*sweet potato w/ ff spray butter
*small salad with lite ranch dressing
*1 wheat roll w/ FF spray butter
*1 small garlic roll
* 2 glasses of unsweet tea w/ Splenda
* 2 bites of fresh pineapple
* 1 bite of red Velvet cake
Its just sounds like alot of food to me. Yes, I know its mostly good except the rolls and the bite of cake and I ALWAYS bring my FF Spray Butter. After I ate I felt so stuffed, but I ate because I was hungry. Maybe I wasn't as stuffed as I thought and it was just my stomach acting up again!! ughhhh. I will say this....the only thing I am leery about on the "Core" plan is you have no idea if your eating too much until weigh in. I am constantly worried about this each week but I am losing so I must be doing something right!
Oh in regards to my supper question "Did I eat too much? .....Was I really That bad?" This was the rest of my food for the day:
Breakfast- Fiber one, FF milk and banana 8 am
snack -2 graham crackers at 1:00
Lunch- 1 1/2 cup vegetable beef soup, fresh pineapple and about 6-7 red grapes 2:00
Dinner at 7:30 pm.... See above I was starving!!
Ok well there you have it, a little insight as to what I am going through and some info on Core. I am really going to try to be very good til WI. Friday night we are going to see Kid Rock and Lynard Skynard play in New Orleans and I am sure we will be going out afterwards. I am just going to stay strong and be good!!
Hugs to you all
Colette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Colette,
Thanks for sharing! At this point I'm trying to stick strictly to core foods. If it's not a core food I'm trying to not eat too much of it. I am not counting my 35 points yet. But trust me I'm not pretending it's all free. I'm trying to get adjusted the the plan. I do find myself eating a lot more fruits and veggies.
As for your dinner at Ryans, it does sound like a lot, but like you said most of it was core food. I think another big part of core is being able to read your body and knowing when to stop. I know I for one have a big problem with that. If I didn't I would be so overweight. Thanks again for sharing!
Ok so you answered my questions that I had..THANKS>..
I am going to probably start Monday!
You have quickly become the Core goddess! I love it! I'm trying to start out this week, but don't have enough core friendly foods in the house yet. So we'll call it a modified core. :)
i'm so glad you are loving core!! and it's obviously loving you so it's a great fit!!
WOW girl! You are doing great on CORE! YEAH! I've been reading your blog but haven't been commenting...for a while I guess I just didn't have any motivation in my to try to motivate others. If that makes sense. thanks so much for your story/joke...LOVED IT!!!
Wowwwwwwwwwww Its been such a long time but I plan to start my journey again...you look great I am getting ready to sit down and read your blog I am excited to read what all has been going on with everyone!
Girl you rock!! I am so proud of you! I think I'm going to try to Core after I have the baby. I did great with Flex but I would love to stop counting points. I'm just worried about feeling full - I'm sooo bad about eating until I'm stuffed.......that totally defeates the purpose of Core! Guess we'll see when I get there but I may be leaning on you for support!
Did I tell you we loved the cornbread and bourbon chicken. My FIL now loves you as much as I do! :)
How was the concert?
Post a Comment