Saturday, March 14, 2009

Comfort Food 101

Chicken Pot Pie


Ingredients:
8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast; cut into bite-sized pieces
3 cups C&W Ultimate Petite Mixed Vegetables (or any other frozen mixed vegetables)
1 can (10.75 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Soup, 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
3 servings Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (unprepared)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute chicken pieces for several minutes in a pan spritzed with nonstick cooking spray, until chicken is light brown/cooked but still tender; set aside. Heat frozen veggies in microwave according to package. Mix chicken, vegetables and soup together and put in a 9" round baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place dish in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly (stir about halfway through). While dish is cooking, unroll 3 crescent rolls. Combine pieces together with hands to make one large ball of dough. With a rolling pin, roll dough out into a circle to cover top of dish. Add dough to the top of the dish and cook for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serves 4.


Serving Size: 1/4th pie (approx. 7 oz.)
Calories: 210
Fat: 6g
Sodium: 800mg
Carbs: 24g
Fiber: 2.5g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 16.5g

*4 Points

Ok now that's out of the way...time for some good news!! I am down 6.8 lbs this week!! Yeah!! I am soooo excited because at weigh in this am when I got on the scale it said.... 203.4 lbs! :)

Oh, and I gotta tell ya. We started our own "the biggest loser" contest at work. It's $50 bucks to get in on the action for 13 weeks. There are 9 of us that are doing it and our area manager has committed himself to kicking in $100.00 to the winner so if you do the math...Yep that's $500.00 baby!! Pretty sweet huh? Ummm.... did I say that I was making a couple little "care packages" for some of the nurses at another clinic? LOL....yep gonna send them some CHOCOLATE!! *Wicked Evil Grin......... LMAO.......

Things have been good here, weather is sucking right now because they are calling for rain the next TWO days...ughhhh!! I really can't complain because for the last month its been like 70- 80 degrees and sunny!! I have been totally LOVING it!!! ;-)

Question of the week:
For those of you who subscribe to weight loss magazines such as WW, Healthy Cooking and Eating Light for instance... What do you do with your mags? Do you cut out the recipes you want and throw them away? Do you NOT cut out the recipes and save them all? Give them to friends and family? What? I have them stacking up and I don't want to get rid of them. But I don't want them junking up my house either. Should I go through each one and just cut out the recipes I want and through them away? So what do you do with yours?

Well since it's raining here and that's a recipe for disaster I am going to go hit the mall. Get in some walking, get visually motivated and hopefully find some good deals.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

YOU ROCK!!! Talk about some motivation to get you back on track. I bet you feel amazing!

I have a recipe for almost the exact same chicken pot pie. It's on the menu for this week. LOVE it!!!

You can win that BL challenge at work. Especially if you send chocolate to your challengers! :)

Ro said...

WAY TO GO!!
I am so so very PROUD of you. and I am loving this recipe. Keep it up.
Ro

Ro said...

That is a great question. I have tons upon tons of mags, cooking light ww cuisine at home. I never thought to cut out the recipes. Hell now I'm thinking about what I should do :-)