Things have been going very well here. I got on the scale Monday morning and it said 208.0 lbs. I lost 5.2 this week and a total of 11.6 for the month! Not too shabby huh? What am I doing you say? Well let me tell you what I am NOT doing. I am NOT counting points, unless its the 5 a day I allow myself for the "others or extra's". I am not eating processed foods or SUGAR.
I am trying to eat clean, healthy and nutricious food. Basically I am doing Core I suppose and I have had alot of luck with it.
I am so in love with this time of year. It's starting to cool off finally which makes me want to do 3 things religiously....
1. Bake! For me anything baked is comfort food. I don't know why it is but rather it be a casserole, muffins or healthy low fat cookies then I feel satisfied. Weird huh?
2. Be outside! This time of year feels so nice especially in the morning. I LOVE my coffee time out on the porch in the morning before the riots began each day. It's my "ME" time!! Love the crispness in the air, the birds chirping and wearing my think robe and NOT sweating! AMEN!!!
3. Take a bath! Yes, that's what I said. I am one of those "shower in the morning" people but when it gets cool...FORGET IT!! The thing I hate most about winter is being COLD. I refuse to take a shower or bath in the am because after you get out of the tub your freezing no matter what!! And since I am OLD...I don't get warm period! :(
I made a wonderful breakfast casserole last night before I fell in bed. It had a layer of shredded potatoes (raw), some chopped up onion thrown on the potatoes, Canadian ham chopped up and added on top of the onions... them mixed up 4 eggs with a 12 oz can of FF evaporated milk and poured that on top. Last thing was a cup of FF shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled on top of the eggs. Cover with foil and refrigerate over night. Baked with the foil left on the top at 350 degree's for a little over an hour or until middle is set. Talk about good and filling!!
That casserole really hit the spot along with some whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread I found that was 1 pt a piece made by Pepperage Farms!! Rebecca and I ate it then I took it to work for my co-workers to finish off...and boy did they!! LOL. Several said "That was WW's? Are you serious?" Ummm YEAH!!! lol..... Why does everyone think diet food has to taste bad?
Heck all of my kids friends and the neighborhood kids are like "Man your mom is a good cook!" Couple even asked to move in...lol.
Well just wanted to say I am still here and chugging away. I will be in Onderland again very soon and this time I am going to STAY THERE!!
Hugs...
Colette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
way to go Colette!!! 5lbs in one week is awsome! You are getting close to ONEDERLAND again, whoooo hoooo!!!
I'm really starting to feel the need to get back on track. We went to a Rascle Flatts concert on Monday night. I felt like a big tub of lard! I had to 'go in' to the seat side ways to wedge my fat a$$ in to the seat and then I was pretty uncomfortable. Doesn't make me look forward to flighing this weekend, i'm secretly scared I won't fit in the seats. I really ddin't think I was *that big* but I guess in all honestly 265lbs is big, doesn't matter how tall you are.
I think when we get back from our cruise, it will be time (again!! and that's the part i hate "again") mind you I have lost 5lbs in the past few weeks.
ok sorry this is kinda a long "comment" lol.
Yay! I'm excited for you! and a 5lbs loss in one week? Uh, I'm jealous!
I'm trying super hard to get back on track with things. Heading to the gym tonight and so far have been good about the nutrition today. But then again, it isn't even 10am yet! jk I HAVE to be healthy. No excuses this time.
And I've been on yahoo chat and you're never online! Oh well, you're on my chat list though :)
Sounds like things are going well for you!
AWESOME!!! You are doing great! And 11# in a month--HELL YEAH!!!
Are you exercising?
I just got told no major forms of exercise--walking, running, exercising...so I'm thinking my diet has to be PERFECT for me to lose...and I don't like that. Discouraged much? Yep, that's me! You are an inspiration though!
Great job on the weight loss! The casserole sounds yummy, so I will definitely have to make it sometime soon.
Hey Chickie,
How things going?
Hang on, even if it's by fingernails!! What I wouldn't give to be 205 -208!!!!!
1-2 weeks of on program eating and you'd be in onderland again!
It's so hard to *know* why we are fat! the easy awnser is we eat too much, but of course there is more to it.. we can only hope that along our journey we find some awnsers/insites!
So big test for me today, baked bread, cookies, and squares, and did not eat/sample one morsle!! I have a house full of company this weekend, so that will be a challange too!!
Helloooooooooooo
time to post and check in.....
Time to CHECK IN... good or bad Colette, it's time.
Post a Comment